Sign in to follow this  
desryachri

Fixing sinking bodies will make the game worse?

Think about it, if you want someone's gear you need to rob them because if you kill them they just sink.

So sinking slows down the KoS rates?

I am not saying don't fix it I am only thinking about what would happen.

But robbing someone = combat logging, which is why the KoS is high right now.

IMHO fix combat logging let bodies sink this will in a way slow down some KoS!

KoS / any death should sink the body and X amount of the dead guys gear appears on the floor (a random amount)

But still there could be murder after the robbing.

The more you think about it the more your head hurts so just play the game.

Edited by Desryachri

It'd slow down KoS very little.  In the list of reasons for why people KoS, I think gear is pretty much at the bottom.  Most people do it for fun or because they don't want to get killed themselves.

• Like 2

KoS is when a player kills you for nothing but fun, If they kill you for your items then that isnt KoS (this is how other people have described it on here anyway)

But as i have said many times, When you are killed you dont know the reason why cos you dont know if he looted your body or not, You are all presuming its KoS cos your butthurt from being killed.

Edited by Jaygoon

KoS is when a player kills you for nothing but fun, If they kill you for your items then that isnt KoS (this is how other people have described it on here anyway)

Yes because given the choice they'd rather hold the guy up but combat logging stops it so it becomes KoS.

It'd slow down KoS very little.  In the list of reasons for why people KoS, I think gear is pretty much at the bottom.  Most people do it for fun or because they don't want to get killed themselves.

So true or the bandit is fully geared and needs nothing but blood on their hands.

What would have happen of this would start.

Tango starts shooting at me and I fire back and kill him, now I have to walk for some reason just to loot his body. The game doesn't see any difference between a KoS or the fire fight I just gave as an example.

Edited by Chauz

What would have happen of this would start.

Tango starts shooting at me and I fire back and kill him, now I have to walk for some reason just to loot his body. The game doesn't see any difference between a KoS or the fire fight I just gave as an example.

Which is why I said random amounts of loot drop not the whole players gear.

Besides In that case just defending yourself is satisfying enough don't you think?

I still want the gear they have, in the later state of the game getting loot is harder to get. And If I kill someone that has better loot then me I want their loot.

I did miss read your posts, but I am still opposed to this, If I kill someone on location A I would like to loot him at A but that is just my pov.

Player dies, his body sinks a random selection of his gear drops on the floor where he died.

Making robbing the better option if combat logging is fixed.

People are getting far to hung up on KoS and the reasoning behind it and ways to stop it or punish for doing it. You need to step back and relise that most people when given a gun in a game are going to shoot it, without a common enemy those same people are going to shoot each other. KoS prevalence should only be judged once a common enemy is introduced in significant volume.

• Like 2

People are getting far to hung up on KoS and the reasoning behind it and ways to stop it or punish for doing it. You need to step back and relise that most people when given a gun in a game are going to shoot it, without a common enemy those same people are going to shoot each other. KoS prevalence should only be judged once a common enemy is introduced in significant volume.

Mmmh yes thousands of zombies would do the trick I think ;)

STOP! KoS is good it's the grits of this game!!! without it what do we have? i'll be strolling (nay frolicking) through open fields spinning in circles and you know what else why do we have caped backpack space i mean there's all this loot and i only have so many spaces! let's just make infinite carry space! zombies PAH they should be tickle me Elmos we will laugh so so much!

Part of surviving can mean having to kill a player for what he has even if we don't want to and if only parts of his loot drop what if what i killed him for doesn't drop? i'm starving and need food i can't risk asking him or he may kill me so i'll kill him and take it, that's part of the dayz expierieeeencceeeeee 

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 1

So are you saying letting the bodies stick so the killers don't get loot hence lower the KOS rate??

Fuck that...

I'll paint a picture, Been chasing a player down for 2 hours, Used up most my resources to wait for the perfect time. I kill him only to see my payment disappear. No thankyou

KoS will be prevailent whether the bodies sink or not, At least with bodies not sinking or disappearing the victor comes away with something of value. (You also have to think of other new spawns) Who almost always rely on dead geared players in strange places to find basic gear so then they should go up north but thier brains seem to be a bit wonky atm and end up headed towards Bolata.

Edited by Clarkeh

it's weird how people think that they need to get a reward to killing someone...

I actually think 90% of the gear should be destroyed with the bullets, as most of the gear is on the backpack, that stands right on the path of them.

it's weird how people think that they need to get a reward to killing someone...

I actually think 90% of the gear should be destroyed with the bullets, as most of the gear is on the backpack, that stands right on the path of them.

It does thats why you have to kill them sneakily!

It does thats why you have to kill them sneakily!

it should mostly be destroyed from the fall of the body on the ground. Soda cans would most likely break and leak out. Cans of food, depending on the condition, should open too, when you opened the backpack, you should find a really nasty goo of food/rotten fruits and soda, all over your so precious loot.

Then you would have to wash it all, spending your precious water on it, things like optics should mostly likely break.

Hell, i still think that you should receive close to no loot when you kill someone, in real life you wouldnt be carrying that much stuff on yourself anyway, you would stash everything somewhere hidden, like a base or a crate inside a abandoned house.

Edited by lipemr

...In the list of reasons for why people KoS, I think gear is pretty much at the bottom.  Most people do it for fun or because they don't want to get killed themselves.

This...

Anyway...Loot gettin destroyed is doing the job atm...youll get more profit if you rob the player than just shoot them to death(when combat loggin is gone)...if your main goal is gear... ;)

There is no logic in the world that can make me agree sinking bodies is a good thing. It won't curb KOS. KOS is more of a instinct now a days. Besides, the world is suppose to be in shambles. Others are going to protect themselves and their friends naturally. Trust is a difficult thing now.

Edited by evoxtom