Sign in to follow this  
shadowboxer (DayZ)

Weapon Sling

Hi all, now straight to the point, it is obvious that in the future, more and more weapons/ attachments will be added to the game, i have seen an array of many proposed attachments the community would like to implement, however they are of the offensive kind(attachments that directly have and impact on the performance of the said weapon eg;grips), i have yet to see any posts about the possibility of weapon "slings" being added, some potential benefits of this would be:

• Being able to run at full speed with weapon still easily accessible since it is at the front side of the body
  • A way of survivors being less threatening, as people will see the person has a weapon but is not actively holding it somewhat giving a message to the other player along the lines of "he could shoot me easily but hasn't"  but still have the ability to raise their weapon if need be. Because lets face it, when attempting to interact with people currently, people assume just because you are pulling your weapon from your side you mean them harm(but usually it is only being pulled out because of uncertainty of the other players intentions,atleast for me), a sling would negate this mindset.
  • A craftable item, could be made of clothes knotted together somehow (not sure if this would work, just a thought), of course their would be loot-able ones, a MP version for example, however a crafted one would add another layer of immersion
  • Stop potential robberies/murders, for example if you have a sling and are running in a certain direction, assume there are actual bandits,not kos'ers (unlikely i know) on your six, their first observation of you would be that you are harmless as you have no weapon in site, and then BAM, u turn around and attack them with surprise thanks to the weapon sling.
  • It's Cool!

My mistake if this has being bought up before, just giving my thoughts, all feedback is good feedback, thanks

Sprinting at full speed while a gun is hanging by a sling will hit you in the balls or something. You should try going outside and sprinting while carrying a wooden plank or something so that you can see how much more difficult it is to run while carrying things. It might not seem like much but you would be surprised.

• Like 2

I'd normally sling the weapon behind me than leave it dangling in front. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work - if it's tight enough to not constantly smash your balls, then you won't have quick access to it; if it's loose enough to be readily taken into hand, it's gonna smash your balls.

Also, a sling should increase accuracy/decrease recoil a bit if you wrap it around your extended arm (which could be an optional action you could take with the sling).

I say yes! We could carry one primary on your back, havw the main primary gun on your sling and you can take other thing into your hands like, medicene, bandages, melee weapons, eat\drink and all that without dropping your firearm.

Remember that this is a game, pretty realistic in some ways, but still a game.

I don't think that if they do add a sling, which I definately want them to, there probably won't come up a message "My balls hurt".