Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Dredd

Wow (Q. on "safe" servers)

So, I just bought DAYZ standalone.  I dont know the map, as i am a Bambi.  I spawned near an ocean, and found a lighthouse.  near the lighthouse i found a dead freshspawn, i assume he had fallen off the top.  I took his flashlight an kept moving west, along the coast.  I found a village with 5 houses, i went through the houses and found a Motorbike helmet and some gloves and a wrench.  I then heard some gunshots.  I acted on instinct and typed "hello? is anyone there? I need some water!" There was no response.  I then moved north up the mountains, when I came upon a house.  I searched the house when a zombie burst in and screamed in my face. i tried running but all the doors were locked.  I didn't want to die so i logged out...This game is intense, anyone knowa server with good people and no bandits?

Welcome to DayZ  

Played the mod for some time gave it up and now back for Alpha.  Actually the first time I have ever posted after all this time HAH

As for finding a server with no bandits sorry but banditry is part of the game.  Best you can hope for is once SA is not Alpha is finding a server with a decent group of people playing on it regularly.  

Don't worry keep at it you will find out what type of play style suits you and start to accept the fates that may fall on you good and bad.

Ok had awesome moment today. Spawned new map and started walking, along the road found a hoodie with a full canteen, some sardines, and some ammo for a gun i dont have.  when a frshspawn badit came up. i said "Are you friendly ?" to which he said "nope" and beat me almost to death, and he stole my hat.  I woke up And kept walking when i found him again, i ran away and ran into 2 freshspawns.  the freshspawns said "you friendly?" so i said "Yeah, but that guy aint"  And ran. the two freshspawns beat him to death so i came back.  They asked for some rags cause their shirts glitched, so i tore up mine and gave it to em. then they waled away.  I walked along a road and found a motorbike helmet.  kept walking and eventually i ran into a group of 5 bandits(or so i thought) 3 of em shouted at me with weapons "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND AND PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD"  so i did that. 2 of em recognized my hodie an said "did you give us rags?" and i said "Yeah after you beat that bandit" so i joined em.  I started dieing of hunger and asked if they had a can opener.  They took that oppurtunity and beat me down with a shovel.I then said "Im unconscience, can you bandage me?" The guy i had previously given rags said "He is unconscience, quick run away"  and they ran. I bled out and died.  Such a fun game, can never find any weapons though, just helmets.

really love this game.  I laughed so hard when the guy said "Hes dieng, lets put him out of his missery" and beat me with a shovel.

• Like 1

Welcome. Let's get to the point of how to not die in the standalone.

Find a well, they're water pumps sticking out of the ground with infinite potable water. Drink until it says you're full. Find food and eat until the hunger meter goes away and eat some more.

Now focus on exploring and looting, drinking every now and then just to stay well kept.

As for bandits, they're going to be on every server. You can play this as a "friendly" and still kick bandit ass, you have to know the ropes though. It's easy to start the game and just kill anyone not you or your pals, it takes no knowledge except point and click. If someone wrongs you then don't give them another chance. People use the anonymity DayZ provides to be dicks.

Yeah it's tense, and that's a big part of the fun. There has to be some reward at the end of your 5km run, right?

I cant find one.  I was walking up the coast and came apon a rather large town, with a petrol station and everything, but no well.

Welcome. Let's get to the point of how to not die in the standalone.

Find a well, they're water pumps sticking out of the ground with infinite potable water. Drink until it says you're full. Find food and eat until the hunger meter goes away and eat some more.

Now focus on exploring and looting, drinking every now and then just to stay well kept.

As for bandits, they're going to be on every server. You can play this as a "friendly" and still kick bandit ass, you have to know the ropes though. It's easy to start the game and just kill anyone not you or your pals, it takes no knowledge except point and click. If someone wrongs you then don't give them another chance. People use the anonymity DayZ provides to be dicks.

Yeah it's tense, and that's a big part of the fun. There has to be some reward at the end of your 5km run, right?

I didn't look hard though, i think it was Electro because there was islands outside of it.  But It was swarming with bandits

Lol Was at WN airfield searching for some gear,  was walking out towards Electro when  2 bandits with m4's shot at me and killed me.  I was dead cause they got a lucky headshit

Gosh dangit i need to learn,  I was walking aorund when some guy cralwed up to me and aid "i have got broken legs, kill me"  so i tried.  While i was hiiting him, He got up and smacked me with a crowbar and i was dead.  That liar

Gosh dangit i need to learn,  I was walking aorund when some guy cralwed up to me and aid "i have got broken legs, kill me"  so i tried.  While i was hiiting him, He got up and smacked me with a crowbar and i was dead.  That liar

My first post here but ive been lurking around since before release. One thing you have to do is not trust anyone. Im not a bandit, and I dont go around looking and trying to kill other players. If Im in a building looting it, and someone comes in, he dies, or I die, end of discussion. I dont take chances. I play with 2 other guys that I know and trust because were on TS together, Other players are kill on sight if I have the means. 

You guys saying the game is about banditry for you perhaps,  for me its about survival and that does not include murdering people (unless I am defending myself)! These types of games sadly bring out the worst players and the worst in players.

Given a choice I would much rather earn trust of some folks and trade with them when needed...killing everyone seems rather counter productive to that goal! ;)

• Like 3

You guys saying the game is about banditry for you perhaps,  for me its about survival and that does not include murdering people (unless I am defending myself)! These types of games sadly bring out the worst players and the worst in players.

Given a choice I would much rather earn trust of some folks and trade with them when needed...killing everyone seems rather counter productive to that goal! ;)

Thank you. I always give people  chance, Even if i have the jump on someone i go infront of them and say "hey man, you friendly?"

You hit the point! Take my f*ckin' beans! :D

1. Game is intense...

2. Only good people and no bandits...

You dont want to play DayZ...

Everything that made it intense you want it to be removed or simply not there in the first place.

LOL'd

I just said it was intense, where did i say that i wnated that removed? No where. so don't talk

whoa what the holy fuck.. did you just hexapost?

v5eNo9z.gif

• Like 2

been on the same server for the most part since launch. I managed to survive a total of 13 days. I have seen many and avoided alot of chances i could have been killed. Got hit in the pitch black by a bandy in the back. luckily i had my little brosif with me to back me up and scare the holy shit out of me. both cases we were able to scare off the bandit and make it out alive. 

a few times i watched players run in to houses, and i try to talk to them see if i cant help out some. Found out my ingame mic don't work lol.. No wonder they ignored me.

Some advice think of this game as a single player in some sence, you vs every thing. The point is to be unseen and survive.. You can try to interact with outhers or track down others. but keep in mind its the end of the world. Its a fin for your self,and try to out last every one.. 

One other pice of advice find a pen and some papper keep a journal in the game. it makes for some really good times for the person that finds you and gets in your stuff at some point.. 

----------------------------------

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for every one drops to zero  

a server with good people and no bandits...sounds like farmville to me :)

but really dude, the more lives you die the more your learn.

the day you find your first weapon and shoot someone in the face you will get it.

whoa what the holy fuck.. did you just hexapost?

I think he just got over... hex-cited

/me gets coat

• Like 1