Sign in to follow this  
Frell

Why don't we have a competition? Community composes menu music and then votes?

Fellow composers out there, what do you say? We all compose menu songs and then the DayZ community votes on which fits the vibe the best? (So obviously no dubstep or anything)

We can do just the menu theme (about 30-60 seconds, no reason to afk at the menu really) and possibly a death melody?

Maximum submissions per person would be 4 (2 menus 2 deaths)?

Limit instruments to piano and strings (so people without expensive VST's/live recordings can still compete)?

I'd love to do something like this, will give me something to do when bored. How does everyone else feel?

Edited by Frell

Knock yourself out ;)

Well I don't want to do it if it isn't official, would be nice to see if this could happen with Rockets approval  :P

Edited by Frell

Skrillex pro xX360ultrekillaz nublolhrd cor is my vote.

Well I don't want to do it if it isn't official, would be nice to see if this could happen with Rockets approval  :P

Sure lets wait and see what the community thinks ;)

Is he running? :| He's pretty good... some stiff competition already guys.

We'll see if Rocket/ Hicks posts here before we start tallying votes though applejax. <_<

We'll see if Rocket

Rocket's favorite song by Skrillex pro xX360ultrekillaz nublolhrd cor is "I came in like a wrecking BABY BABY BABY OOOOOOOOOOOOOH" so I think it's already match-point.

Edited by Applejaxc

Rocket's favorite song by Skrillex pro xX360ultrekillaz nublolhrd cor is "I came in like a wrecking BABY BABY BABY OOOOOOOOOOOOOH" so I think it's already match-point.

lmao

The whole point would be to have a community competition rather than BiS paying out the ass to license an existing song

The whole point would be to have a community competition rather than BiS paying out the ass to license an existing song <---- calling Skrillex pro xX360ultrekillaz nublolhrd cor a real song

... *facepalm* I... I... I'm sorry. That... that's just priceless.

... *facepalm* I... I... I'm sorry. That... that's just priceless.

All I saw was 'skrillex' lol

Bad idea IMO.

Say no one submits anything good - then they have to use the 'best' one regardless?

• Like 1

Doom 1 Metal - Deep into the Code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fEkVWZ7YDY&list=FL6bUv4v2lBCUOpdyBpCdBoA&index=15

I want this as environmental music. Imagine you start spawning in and this starts playing hahaha. Getting pumped, killing zeds, killing even more zeds hahaha

Or if you want something calmer maybe this:

Edited by raynor009

Bad idea IMO.

Say no one submits anything good - then they have to use the 'best' one regardless?

Not necessarily. If there are no good ones, you just announce 'none suitable' and go find a professional solution.

Bad idea IMO.

No if they're all bad none have to be used.

Could even have a vote option for "none of these"

Edited by Frell

I hope you die in hellfire Applejaxc.