Derbyy

Fluidity of movement

Is this something that is going to be further improved? It has come a long way from the dayz mod movement but it is still no-where near that of a high end game and IMO it's a very important factor of the game.

Everything from opening doors to changing weapons to melee combat feels clunky and slow atm and I feel it will hold the game back from fulfilling its potential.

• Like 2

Would you rather it handle like Counter Strike? Where everyone glides around and weapon swaps are practically instant. It just isn't right for DayZ. You can't just pull things out of your pockets or off your back instantly and TBH its too fast at the moment in a lot of cases as things stored in a backpack shouldn't take the same amount of time to grab as something in your jacket pockets.

I will admit that unbreakable animations and door/ladder prompts are awkward but hopefully these are things that will be resolved as the game develops.

One thing I would like to see fixed is the aiming. Removal of acceleration and proper balancing of X:Y ratio would resolve those issues for me.

I sometimes think that our characters can be a little awkward to control sometimes. You shouldn't be able to accidentally fall off a roof. It's hard to explain. 

But perhaps this is part of the games charm. I really don't know :)

They should take a leaf out of call of dutys book. I'm not saying I want this game to be anything like CoD, they're completely different and the run and gun style would completely ruin dayz, but the combat, motion and interaction on that game is amazingly fluid and should be something the dayz team should strive for.

They should take a leaf out of call of dutys book. I'm not saying I want this game to be anything like CoD, they're completely different and the run and gun style would completely ruin dayz, but the combat, motion and interaction on that game is amazingly fluid and should be something the dayz team should strive for.

Fluid movement and aiming is great in arcade shooters like CoD, Battlefield and CS but being able to twitch aim between targets has no place in a game that strives for authenticity.

The option to disable mouse acceleration will smooth things out a little bit when that is added, but I don't think that a CoDlike level of control over your character is something that the devs are aiming for.

Is this something that is going to be further improved? It has come a long way from the dayz mod movement but it is still no-where near that of a high end game and IMO it's a very important factor of the game.

Everything from opening doors to changing weapons to melee combat feels clunky and slow atm and I feel it will hold the game back from fulfilling its potential.

during 1 year developement time I though these stuff will already be fixed as they edit the engine itself. I'm disappointed that controls and character movement still suck ass

Fluid movement and aiming is great in arcade shooters like CoD, Battlefield and CS but being able to twitch aim between targets has no place in a game that strives for authenticity.

The option to disable mouse acceleration will smooth things out a little bit when that is added, but I don't think that a CoDlike level of control over your character is something that the devs are aiming for.

I agree, but I also think there is definitely room for improvement. For instance when in first person and crouched, the head bobs up when you tap the W key and feel somewhat unresponsive (too me at least). I think some transitional animation could be more fluid such as climbing ladders, stairs and navigating through tight corridors. I like the slightly clunky movement of the game itself, I just think things could be tightened up a bit (which no doubt will further down the line).

Everyone has these controls, so it's by no means a disadvantage to one over another, I just feel it needs to be a bit more 'snappy' such as removing/holstering weapons when on the move etc...

I sometimes think that our characters can be a little awkward to control sometimes. You shouldn't be able to accidentally fall off a roof. It's hard to explain. 

Apparently you have never accidentally fallen off of anything in real life. :)

I think a lot of the animations are just placeholders at the moment as A lot seem to be missing like applying painkillers as if they were a bandage opening a can that has an invisible bottle cap, i'm sure it will improve in time i actually think the walking and running animations are really good now as in 1st person watch your feet move on the floor theres no sliding / floating or anything its muchos nice!

However when holding a pistol your left arm awkwardly clips through your body the entire time its a lil awkward but again i'm pretty sure the animations right now are more placeholders than a final product.

Apparently you have never accidentally fallen off of anything in real life. :)

Sometimes you just automatically run with no control, causing you to fly off roofs. Unless you have some sort of strange disorder, this does not happen in real life