dkasten89@gmail.com

Zombies, making them worth the trouble.

I first of all think that zombies should be the next major thing to be worked on, for example, they should patrol rather then just stand around, they aggro from way to far of a distance even if they are facing the other way, and of course they can walk through walls and hit you through walls aswell. With that being said I have some ideas for zombies to make it worth taking them out. Zombies wear the same clothes they should be lootable, hey that zed has a cool jacket I should kill it and take it. Also since they wear the same clothes they should have things in their pockets, wether it bit just bits of food or drinks, maybe even some ammo or even guns on military zombies. Maybe make things complicated, have a few locked buildings or vehicles in towns and have the certain zeds have keys on them to get into them. Although for just the basic things should be fixed I think in the future there should be more of a reason to kill zombies aswell, maybe that will help subside Kos. Dont get me wrong I dont have a prob with kos, it should always be part of the game, even though its not my playstyle.

• Like 2

+1, if it's supposed to be realistic then zombies should drop things since they used to be normal humans, and humans keep things in their jacket, pants etc, wearing their clothes is too dangerous tho, but looting their bodies is ok

Edited by Gdaddy22

Important bugs and issues

Zombies

* Zombies clipping through floors/walls

* Zombies hitting through upper floors from the ground floor

* Low zombie numbers

* No zombie respawning

Zombies are a work in progress they are a very active area of development, we consider the current implementation a base level to commence further testing. Their AI was completely redeveloped, which means we need to come up with new (more efficient) methods of their interaction with the world, such as collision, as the ArmA way is not designed for thousands of AI to operate at once on this scale. This will be one of our most active areas of development.

• Like 1

Yes, I fully understand the bugs are known, and no im not complaining about them. Simply saying my opinion is this should be number 1 priority atm. And adding some input about what can be added, that is the point of an early release so devs can get player opinion. Im glad youre such an elite player and can post things that are known already though..

Important bugs and issues

Zombies

* Zombies clipping through floors/walls

* Zombies hitting through upper floors from the ground floor

* Low zombie numbers

* No zombie respawning

Zombies are a work in progress they are a very active area of development, we consider the current implementation a base level to commence further testing. Their AI was completely redeveloped, which means we need to come up with new (more efficient) methods of their interaction with the world, such as collision, as the ArmA way is not designed for thousands of AI to operate at once on this scale. This will be one of our most active areas of development.

Ok, I read that already.. but that doesnt state how its prioritized at all now does it, but thank for quoting something that has already been read and provides no input on the subject. So l33t..

More Zombies

Target delivery: Ongoing

What part of, "We are constantly working on it." Do you not get?

Would you really wear zombie's pants? Not even after applying extensive amount of disinfectant spray, no thank you.

Edited by TheKindred

What part of I read that and I already get it and im just throwing some personal input on what I feel should at some point be added dont you get? What part of the point of an alpha pre release is to get some player input and suggestions dont you get? What part of quoting things that have already been read and understood instead of having a personal opinion on things makes you look like an idiot dont you understand? Your just another kid who goes around repling "its an alpha" in every damn thread, no shit its an alpha but thanks for the helpfull well thought out input anyway. Anyways.. anyone else have actual ideas for things to make zombies worth killing in the future?

Would you really wear zombie's pants? Not even after applying extensive amount of disinfectant spray, no thank you.

Just wash them off in a stagnant pond and your good lol

Edited by Dkasten89