Sign in to follow this  
BestFromAbove

*IDEA* Locked Doors

Alright so i apologize first if this idea was already posted, but i had the idea that not all doors should be unlocked. There should be some locked doors, that you must have an axe (to chop it down which can hurt the condition of the axe) or use things like screwdrivers to break the lock (which also would hurt the condition of it). If dayz had locked doors, not only will it give players a second thought of "hey, do i really need to get in here, is it worth me breaking or hurting the condition of the axe? and also this could provide some cool moments where you would get chased by zombies and need to break down a door to get into shelter. I would say that some doors such as military bases doors require stronger items to break into it (hence why there would be better items inside)? Thank you for reading and this is just a suggestion trying to help out the game as much as i can!

Thanks,

BestFromAbove

Edited by BestFromAbove
  • Like 1

the getting chased by zombies is a useless idea..one they follow you through the opening you just made or they just walk through the wall.

Or rather there's a family safe in some houses that you need a screwdriver to open etc.

I thought about this. 

Safe Cracking could part of the skills that rocket want to implement 

So, finding a rare safe cracking kit, to crack a safe, reset the code. Use it, until somebody cracks it and uses it for themselves. 

Edited by DaveZ

I safe cracking kit

That made me giggle as I imagined someone going to homedepot and asking an employee "Sorry sir, have you got a safe cracking kit?" Anyway I'd rather see the safe type with those turning knobs (y'know 90 right, 120 left, 40 right, click open) that way players could use a stethoscope and slowly turn and listen for 'clicks' (which could become a bit louder as you get more proficient at your 'safe cracking' skill :P) or if it's a player owned safe you could interrogate the owner for the code.

Had a similar idea today. 

For example.In a Military base far in the north is a room full of weapons.Before it was abonded it was locked,and the keyholder is now a corpse.

Imagine it:You find a key with the coordinates of a bunker or any form of base. A good way to give players something to do. If the map gets even bigger it would be even better.

That made me giggle as I imagined someone going to homedepot and asking an employee "Sorry sir, have you got a safe cracking kit?" Anyway I'd rather see the safe type with those turning knobs (y'know 90 right, 120 left, 40 right, click open) that way players could use a stethoscope and slowly turn and listen for 'clicks' (which could become a bit louder as you get more proficient at your 'safe cracking' skill :P) or if it's a player owned safe you could interrogate the owner for the code.

Stethescope. lol yeah, much more believable. Considering the array of Hospitals, that would be perfect.