Sign in to follow this  
James Henry II

How to edit the trees

Hello everyone.

How can I edit the trees to look much less nice? Currently I am playing with 15 - 23 fps, depending on the area. I can play fine in the cities and on the fields, but the trees... they take a huge hit on my fps, sometimes lowering it to 12.

Is there any way outside the ingame settings to lower the textures of just the trees?

I play DayZ on my laptop, because I am not that wealthy at the moment to afford a nice desktop to play games on. In 1,5 years I will be done with college and it seems that I will get a nice job which will make me wealthy enough to get that decent computer!

I hope you guys can help me out!

FGXOwUT.png

object detail to very low, make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are disabled/very low, ambient occulasion is disabled, alpha to coverage disabled...

These are ingame options that should help. Outside, I dunno

Edited by Powell
  • Like 1

Hello everyone.

How can I edit the trees to look much less nice? Currently I am playing with 15 - 23 fps, depending on the area. I can play fine in the cities and on the fields, but the trees... they take a huge hit on my fps, sometimes lowering it to 12.

Is there any way outside the ingame settings to lower the textures of just the trees?

I play DayZ on my laptop, because I am not that wealthy at the moment to afford a nice desktop to play games on. In 1,5 years I will be done with college and it seems that I will get a nice job which will make me wealthy enough to get that decent computer!

I hope you guys can help me out!

There's a guide below on optimizing FPS in DayZ for lower range computers.  Additionally, you would probably be playing at a lower resolution than what is shown i the guide.

• Like 1

I really appreciate the help guys, have my beans!

But is there really no manual way to do this? I remember a post from a guy who removed the grass in the dayz files (I wont do that cuz its ugly).