SageZ

What exactly is lagging this game?

So for example Electro, i look towards the town i get 15-20 fps, i turn away from the town and literary get like 60 fps. In the woods i also get like 40-50fps. So what is it? Is it the loot or is it the buildings? I cant imagine that buildings provide more stress on PC than grass and trees. Also another thing i have noticed, I played SA on my cousin's computer and his game is as smooth as it gets even in towns. He has a dual core intel CPU and I have an 8150 AMD cpu which is 8 cores. Thoughts?

Well in city's and town there is a lot more for the game to render like more loot, building, crashes, more people usually and that is why you will lag in towns and city's more than in the wilderness

I think it has to due with the pure amount of shit that your computer is trying to render. Consider the number of buildings and the fact that all of them have interiors, with all kinds of stuff within each building. You also can see inside these buildings through the windows. Most MMORPGs deal primarily in small, instanced areas, where you are only processing the small room or dungeon you are currently in. This game is trying to process an entire city.

Still does not explain why dual core intel CPU performs better than an 8 core 3.7 ghz cpu

Edit: What if OC like 2 of my cores to 4ghz, and then make SA only run on these 2, you think that could help?

Edited by SageZ

Imagine when they add more zombies in 0.o

The mod dealt with zombie and loot spawns clientside, meaning that if there wasn't a player in the area, loot and zombies wouldn't spawn. That was one of the big selling points of SA, the fact that this wouldn't be the case. In the mod it was easy to abuse, because you could sit outside town with a sniper and know by zombie spawns when a player entered the town, and from what direction they entered. However, the actual challenge that this presents is going to be interesting to watch unfold. I might be upgrading my computer if I want to continue playing the game on higher graphics settings as more shit gets added in.

Still does not explain why dual core intel CPU performs better than an 8 core 3.7 ghz cpu

Currently occlusion culling is not working. That and other optimizations, like multi-core usage (which the game does not currently do very well) will help.

I think he kind of explained it right there. The game isn't correctly utilizing multi-cores.

Edited by Mallow88

Edit: What if OC like 2 of my cores to 4ghz, and then make SA only run on these 2, you think that could help?

Or you can throw in the trash that cpu and buy intel.

Edited by (NDA) AJ

It might... Make sure you are forcing it onto 2 actual cores and not an actual and it's virtual core because an 8 core is basically a quad core with multi-threading doubling up each core. 

its not true that buildings lag, for example, people are happily playing with 60 fps on arma ..

problem is arma 2 uses yesteryears arma 2 engine technology and doesnt really take advantage of todays technology.

once they add zombies spawning and loot spawning expect to get 10 FPS in cities , as the info has to be streamed to all players, creating more lag