Sign in to follow this  
Nipson

Random character reset happening more often

Hello Survivors,

Since yesterday, random reset of my character seems to happen more an more frequently, I've not been able to keep a character more than a few hours. Actually, I'm not switching servers often in order to get more loot as some may do. So I'm really wondering if that a common problem or if it is related to something else. 

If anyone has any clues, he's welcome. But please, don't just tell me the usual "it's alpha dude". It must be related to something, maybe an incoming update, maybe a different server config that erase my character and unables me to get my previous one. 

I love the game, I love testing the alpha continuously, but it's pretty sad to see your loadout being completly wiped randomly. FYI it happened to my friend at the same time.

AFAIK it's to do with some servers not being set up properly. Find a server that works for you and (if possible) stick to it.

Your answer seems to be the right one, and it makes me so sad. :'(

But when we reconnected to DayZ, our previous server was not connected, and we had to connect to another one. Well... I guess the coast is not that bad ^^

avoid servers with shady names like...... Noobs fun only. or Run-n-Gun survival....

Stick to servers from gameservers.com,  vilaplayer or (i forget the last one) .

• Like 1

Ah ok, will do. I might  have joined a "bad" server as I was not paying much attention to those names yet. 
The thing is that have been reset 4 times so far. But being already addicted to DayZ, I reroll every time ^^ even if I'm raging like crazy ^^

avoid servers with shady names like...... Noobs fun only. or Run-n-Gun survival....

Stick to servers from gameservers.com,  vilaplayer or (i forget the last one) .

Yeah, sticking to the servers with names like GB, UK, NL, etc. is the best way to go. I've never had my char reset up until this point and I change servers all the time.

I server hopped 20 times and favorited all the servers that didn't restart my character. I haven't had my character wiped since, and this is coming from a guy who LITERALLY has had his character wiped and on the coast 7 times. Also, my buddy went to a server that was in his history that he had played on like 3 days ago, and it still wiped his character, so don't ever assume no matter how long a server is up that it won't wipe your char. Apparently getting whitelisted takes quite a bit of time.

Also your luck is probably better playing on gameservers, vilayer etc. but it isn't a 100% safety garuntee, as when my aforementioned buddy joined a vilayer server his char was wiped.

Edited by icefluid