Sign in to follow this  
Mallow88

Storage Containers/MedKits Redundancy

After a little bit of searching around and unable to find anything mentioning this, I decided it was time to make a thread.

I have no idea if this was intentional or a bug, but has anyone else noticed that you can put storage containers within storage containers? The container provides 6 inventory slots, but only uses 4. This means you can now store 8 things in a 4 slot space by putting a container within a container. I currently have a medkit that is in a container, that is in another container, that is in my inventory. So, I have 10 slots of effective inventory while only utilizing 4 on my person. Surely, this wasn't intended to be possible :D

Until it gets fixed, enjoy the tip for limitless inventory space! Find a medkit but you already have one? Empty it out and use it for storage. 

Interesting find. Does it work with ammo boxes, or is it just for the rounds?

I found this out while playing before, but had the decency not to exploit it. Go report it where narko said.

Yep. I had three backpacks within backpacks on my last character. However, this does not work with med kits or ammo boxes. Both of those containers only hold medical items or ammo, respectively.

I know you can use things on your hotbar that are in containers, however, this becomes really inefficient really quickly, you have to drag the item to the ground, then drag the container in that one to the ground, and so on, until you find what you were looking for, it also limits what items you can store in them to single slot items, or 2 slot tall items.

I have no problem saying I stored a second backpack in my first backpack, but since I prefer to use the hunting backpacks, that only leaves 1 row along the bottom in the first backpack, and if I went another backpack deeper, it would get amazingly tedious.

So I don't really consider this an issue, not exactly realistic, but not an issue gameplay wise, tedium vs space.

Edit: I would also like to mention I don't do this anymore, or at least I haven't the last few characters, because having to drop the second backpack on the ground every time just becomes too annoying to deal with, and usually once you get decent shirt/vest/pants and backpack, you can already hold a hell of a lot of stuff without having to drop and grab.

Edited by Atomizer

Odds are you're going to have one container in your inventory to begin with. Then it's just a matter of levels of importance. If you have 4 or 5 levels of containers, you can have 2 other items on each level. It's actually quite a useful bug if exploited properly, and doesn't require unnecessary time to manage. Definitely needs to be addressed.

Odds are you're going to have one container in your inventory to begin with. Then it's just a matter of levels of importance. If you have 4 or 5 levels of containers, you can have 2 other items on each level. It's actually quite a useful bug if exploited properly, and doesn't require unnecessary time to manage. Definitely needs to be addressed.

Well I'm pretty sure the dev team is planning to add a weight system with encumberment, which will add limitations to how you can exploit it. Also, I've messed with the system quite a bit and I can say, with the long delay of putting containers on the ground and such, it can be quite an inconvenience to use this. Granted, in some situations it is extremely beneficial (such as for low priority items as you said) but it also leaves you quite vulnerable and with no warning before resets, you can easily lose things if you put them on the ground and can't get them back into your inventory before a restart.

Opening and laying out 4 containers to get to the items you need in the last one doesn't take unnecessary time to manage? <_<

Not when those are low priority items that you only carry as spares in the event of an emergency. Also, if you drag and drop on the "vicinity" panel it is actually really, really quick and easy to access something in a container 3-4 levels down.

Edited by Mallow88

Interesting find. Does it work with ammo boxes, or is it just for the rounds?

In ammo its a bit different bug,it says 300 ammo box,meaning, it supose to store up to 300 rounds.

But if you empty 30 rounds mag you will get a stack of 30 rounds,40 mag cap 40 rounds,but with dual mags it gives you not 30x2 but 1x60 pile rounds. So you can fill the 300 rounds ammo box with 600 rounds.

The bug is with the 60 rounds double clip,it should not give you to shoot 60 rounds without reloading but, instead give you a VERY quick reload.

Same story whe you have 40 rounds pile.

So they need to fix both or just remove the 300 feature beause its silly.

Also different calibers = different space use = 7.62 wont fit in 5.56 ammo box/ it can fit but not in same numbers.

Edited by TankyWanky