austen.fart@gmail.com

Hunger and Thirst Rate Possibly Intended?

I think that maybe the Hunger and Thirst rate might have been intended, so that people would focus more on surviving then trying to shoot Bambi's for "fun"

It just went to crap and they had to change it because some of content like (cooking, and hunting) weren't implemented yet.. 

So, once those get fully implemented in. Would you like to see the thirst and hunger rate change back a little bit?

Discuss 

Edited by MilSpecZombie

I think they're too long at the moment really as after you get full once it's easy to maintain, just eat what you find and drink in every well you come across i havent been prompted to drink / eat on this current char for 2 days now it's a little to easy at the moment i find. that said i don't want it cut down much if at all really but definitely not extended !

Edit: also i really like the new kinda thought based prompts over the icons it'll be cool if they eventually ditch the prompts and you hear your characters thought instead just 'ugh, hungry' and 'i'm thirsty' to keep the screen clutter free :)

Edited by twingunz

It's not as hard as we first thought. I think the reason we all raged in the first days following release was that we hadn't been told that the food/drink/health-system had been revamped, so we thought that eating or drinking once in a while would suffice. Like twingunz said above me, once you've clawed your way of the coast and eat/drink everything you come across, you'll be on easy street within half an hour. In my opinion they could make it so that the suvivor spawns in with the hunger/drink bar filled more, but make it harder to maintain.

You can get thirsty quite quickly, just depends on your running. If you travel accross the map you will have to replenish liquids/foods once a trip (full days meal)

You can get thirsty quite quickly, just depends on your running. If you travel accross the map you will have to replenish liquids/foods once a trip (full days meal)

Not really. Thirst isn't a problem anymore if you follow my advice. I'd estimate about 70% of the towns has a water well. If you just spam "Drink water" every time you come across one, untill your character says "I'm feeling really stuffed" drinking won't be an issue for a good while.

I think the hunger/thirst rate is good where it is, and there should be more survival aspects added too, such as dangerous weather conditions/temperatures, dangerous animals like bears and wolves or dog packs, etc. Also I think zombies being trivial annoyances will detract from the game. In my opinion the environement should be as threatening as other players.

I think a big reason we have such a high hunger & thirst rate right now is because most of the items we find are food & drink. Once there's more items in the game, they can spawn less food items everywhere, and then balance out the food system by making you hungry less often.

• Like 1

Once they add the threat of disease from unclean water and other sicknesses, then the level we have it now will be harder to maintain.  Also when there's more zombies to sneak up on us and do damage.

I like that we don't start at full health/energy/water.  It makes the first part of the game a bit more desperate especially when loot only gets spawned every four hours or whenever the server restarts.  When that changes, there may be higher population servers too, so it should even out as the game progresses.

I also agree with bad_mojo, once the loot pool is diluted more, we will go from deciding which food or water bottle to drop so we can pick up that magazine, to "oh thank RNGesus, I'm gonna eat that right now".