Sign in to follow this  
paragouldgamer

Direct com not working with mic

My mic works fine on teamspeak, skype, and all other voice things, but when pushing the caps lock key my guy's mouth starts moving, I get the mic symbol on screen, but noone can hear what I say. Tested this with multiple people standing right in front of me and I can hear them fine. Any ideas? Sound sources is on 32 and after running auto adjust it has my imput volume almost all the way up.

Make sure your microphone is set to be the default recording device in Windows. Programs like TeamSpeak and Skype can be set to use a device other than the default. My default was set to "What You Hear" and direct com did not work until I set my microphone to be the default in Windows.

Make sure your microphone is set to be the default recording device in Windows. Programs like TeamSpeak and Skype can be set to use a device other than the default. My default was set to "What You Hear" and direct com did not work until I set my microphone to be the default in Windows.

This may have been the problem, my headset was set to default communication device but not default microphone, won't be able to test it until after I get off of work, thanks for the reply!