AK47 (DayZ)

How long Day Z to be released on PS4?

This mans obviously like 12 years old, hes sent me 3 messages in an hour exolaining himself in correct but broken english.

Hey ststicc or whatever the hell your name is.

Thank you for proving to everyone how stupid you really are..... Again and again and again.... Man I'm getting some pop corn for this one lol.

I hope never, it will be casual gamers and kids playing like it was COD. The reason o play this is cause this game is full of arma players who are a élite and hardcore community. Also ps4 if a inferior machine compare to a high rig.

Okay first off to the person who made this  thread  I don't believe the next gen can handle DayZ or everything it has people overestimate them the PC's themselves have to be monsters to run this game on high quality graphics so what makes you think a next gen can handle this the game would have to be dumbed down a lot. To the person who made this comment I play PC and console I started on console you can't assume because someone plays console they're going to play the game like COD OR BATTLEFIELD when PC gamers themselves play it like it's a FPS game. Secondly I think it'd be great if it was eventually ported somehow maybe gamers would be more pro and flesh it  out. THirdly if they get it for console and they used to play an FPS then they'll be terrible easy pickings for you and as for the die-hard Arma fans I'm die-hard too but honestly there's just as much kids and immature people who play that game and this one as there is on console so don't bring your elitism somewhere it's just rude. Lastly Arma and DayZ are the same as FPS games....all you do is shoot to survive....

Edited by Xenology

I hope it NEVER comes out on console. When DICE created the Battlefield series they actually CARED about making a good online game and chose the PC platform to do it on. As soon as they partnered up with EA, the game went to shit and has not gotten any better since. If the creators of DayZ do the same, the exact same thing will happen. I would rather play a game that is this unforgiving and difficult AND realistic than play some profit mongering game that COD kiddies will want.

I feel that in this day and age there exists a new generation of mature 40+ players who want to get away from the bull shit that the COD and BF brands have created and will gravitate to a game like this. This game is strictly PC and I really think it needs to stay that way.

Console has it's target market, so does PC. Let's keep it that way and set the greed aside for once.

That sounds greedy in of itself you want the greed to end by keeping the game to strictly PC instead of sharing it with people who can't afford it? Sorry but that whole comment has loopholes immature people on COD and battlefield who also play Arma and Arma players who play those games do you assume everyone who has console or plays those games are too poor to afford a CPU or that they don't play Day Z etc.? If the company finds a way to make money they'll do it companies don't care about 'good' games they care about profit so eventually it ill be ported to console.

Lol, I was hoping for a PS4 release but having brought SA on my workstation(not really up to running DayZ) and SA being in Alpha and the state that its in currently I finally realised that waiting for it to come to PS4 was a bad move so went out and built a decent PC which was honestly the best decision I've made in while, I love my PS4 but PC is where its at!

Also with the optimisation issues Planetside 2 is having switching to PS4 i think it will be at least a couple of years before if not when we see DayZ on PS4

Now I just need guys to play with...

Edited by PaulieZ

I don't get why people have to bash consoles so much PC isn't that great controlling games with it is awful have the time to the point where you need a console controller, hypocritical as heck to say consoles suck when you need to borrow from them.

I think the PS4 would handle it just fine, better than Xbox. Mainly due to the touchpad since it could be used for many buttons, possibly inventory navigation like a mouse.

It could be great on PS4 the movement ability analog sticks give you is far better than arrow keys or WASD keys.

Not sure they'll bother though H1Z1 will probably get on PS4 first so everyone will jump on that, I'd like DayZ on it too and it would still get them money but H1Z1 would hog most of it. If they up their game and finish DayZ sooner it might work in their favour.

PC gamers aren't some illustious master race online, have you played DayZ? Virtually everyone tries to kill you no questions asked I've met like 2 that didn't attack me and probably just because I had weapons. So the whole "cod gamers will play it!" argument is retarded as plenty immature people play it on PC.

• Like 1

Well us PC gamers will have such an advantage considering the inventory system and how many keys you need to have available to function 100% in this game, it would be a headache trying to do everything with a controller IMO.  

Unless you use a mouse and keyboard with your console like I do.

• Like 1

"I don't get why people have to bash consoles so much"

It's not about "bashing" the console so much as it is about affordability.

If I can only devote 700+ dollwar towards a gaming all in one system over the course of the next 2-3 years then its pretty simple...... CONSOLE

If I can devote 3000 dollars towards an allin one gaming system over the course of the next 2-3 years then, again, it's pretty simple.... PC

The learning curves on both are about the same and both have advantages and disadvantages that overall, don;t make one better than the other but for those that can afford it, PC is vastly superior in many aspects that make it the obvious choice

***AND***

Ususally in the areas where it falls short, a Gaming PC owner will own a console to get the best of both worlds... LIKE ME  :)

Edited by pabloottawa
  • Like 1

It's not about "bashing" the console so much as it is about affordability.

If I can only devote 700+ dollwar towards a gaming all in one system over the course of the next 2-3 years then its pretty simple...... CONSOLE

If I can devote 3000 dollars towards an allin one gaming system over the course of the next 2-3 years then, again, it's pretty simple.... PC

The learning curves on both are about the same and both have advantages and disadvantages that overall, don;t make one better than the other but for those that can afford it, PC is vastly superior in many aspects that make it the obvious choice

***AND***

Ususally in the areas where it falls short, a Gaming PC owner will own a console to get the best of both worlds... LIKE ME  :)

That's an opinion I can get behind for once.

However PC doesn't just offer a superior experience as far as I'm concerned, compared to the Xbox One and PS4 graphics in games are not so different that you really notice, without obsessing over it.

Like so what on a PC a rock at the edge of a map might look a little bit better it's not detail you notice unless you look and for people bragging about 60+ FPS like they love to, the human eye can't even process the difference so that's a waste of money.

No sensible console gamer will say a PS4 or Xbone is more powerful than a $300000 PC but the overall experiences aren't too different.

As for the whole "casual" thing (this is at the thread now), because playing PC makes you a hardcore gamer? Right.

Sorry to go off the point.

To bring it back I really hope they do port it, Steam just isn't my thing and none of my friends are involved in the community either so I'd love to be able to play with them on PS4 and it would be cool to share the your gameplay you need to be recording already on PC where nothing interesting could happen but on PS4 you can share the past 15 minutes where some crazy stuff happened without having to be constantly recording.

What's bad about that really? I got in an epic battle with some woman earlier in the game and we had a double knockout situation which was hilarious, would love to have shared it with people.

• Like 2

@pabloottawa (ultimate?) : 3k dollars for a gaming PC? Did you go Alienware?

I built my pc for about 700€, it's still running a good old first gen i5 and 8GB ram. I go for the midrange GPU, that's a 660GTX. Still runs most stuff quite well, maybe not on super high detail - but still looks better than most consoles.

That is considering an investment in a good case, screen and keyboard/mouse, after that it's swapping internals. I usually end up running about 4y with it.

All depending on taste of course, if you want a console, by all means go for it.

/ontopic: I'd love to see some console gamers on our servers. Let them try to snipe at 800m with their thumbsticks. And quick-snap to inventory to manually load 20 sks bullets in mid-fight.

As many others have suggested, many console games introduce some arcade/dumbing down factors. I don't think this game is suitable. Could be wrong.

• Like 1

The biggest HUGEST most COLLOSAL problem with porting something this big and complex to console is not the consoles themselves as in the physical units. It's the companies that oversee and publish the console games for Microsoft and Sony. THEY are the problem and I speak from experience as we all know what happenned with the Battlefield franchise.

Prior to 2006, DICE actually CARED about making a good game and they showed it with free add ons and maps. This was when BF was strictly PC. In 2006 EA Aquired Dice (bought them out) and the slaughter began. EA released BF3 with an absolutely SHIT netcode and glitching issues along with the problems the game was having being married to Origin and Batlelog. On top of this, hackers were rampant and despite youtube videos and proof, the worst thing EA would do is ban the player thereby forcing them to get another copy, THEREBY making EA more money. Fans demanded stricter consequences but were silenced by temporary account bans and forum bans (great way to treat legitimate players, NOT).

Today, Electronic Arts is facing damage control and is involved with not one, not two, but FOUR lawsuits regarding the cluster fuck that is Battlefield 4 and they still continue with the bullshit. Refunds have rarely been issued and instead of a compensation effort with some substance like 50 dollars towards another Origin game or something along that line, they gave BF players more double XP weekends..... REALLY EA? There are many web articles backing up these statements so I don't care if anyone beleives me or not, Read up and make your own conclusions. I LOVED battlefield. Now I play DayZ to get away from it. 

Without going too much into detail Activision was the same with COD, I can't really talk about how the COD franchise is nowadays but I will say that after how they totally neglected the hacker issue with Modern Warfare 2 refusing to allow dedicated servers, they totally fucked up that title and killed it for many COD fans who played it on PC. Hell I was even hacking in MW2, along with 80% of the players. It was laughable to be honest and I never bought another COD game again.

Conclusion.

All this to say that porting a game from PC to console means getting in bed with HIGHLY greedy entities who will suck the life out of the development team and the fans and then leave the brand high and dry when it's dead and move on to the next brand. For lack of a better word I'd call it "vampirical".

That's the issue I have with all this "Releasing it on console" business and it has nothing to do with which platform is better.

• Like 2

The biggest HUGEST most COLLOSAL problem with porting something this big and complex to console is not the consoles themselves as in the physical units. It's the companies that oversee and publish the console games for Microsoft and Sony. THEY are the problem and I speak from experience as we all know what happenned with the Battlefield franchise.

Prior to 2006, DICE actually CARED about making a good game and they showed it with free add ons and maps. This was when BF was strictly PC. In 2006 EA Aquired Dice (bought them out) and the slaughter began. EA released BF3 with an absolutely SHIT netcode and glitching issues along with the problems the game was having being married to Origin and Batlelog. On top of this, hackers were rampant and despite youtube videos and proof, the worst thing EA would do is ban the player thereby forcing them to get another copy, THEREBY making EA more money. Fans demanded stricter consequences but were silenced by temporary account bans and forum bans (great way to treat legitimate players, NOT).

Today, Electronic Arts is facing damage control and is involved with not one, not two, but FOUR lawsuits regarding the cluster fuck that is Battlefield 4 and they still continue with the bullshit. Refunds have rarely been issued and instead of a compensation effort with some substance like 50 dollars towards another Origin game or something along that line, they gave BF players more double XP weekends..... REALLY EA? There are many web articles backing up these statements so I don't care if anyone beleives me or not, Read up and make your own conclusions. I LOVED battlefield. Now I play DayZ to get away from it. 

Without going too much into detail Activision was the same with COD, I can't really talk about how the COD franchise is nowadays but I will say that after how they totally neglected the hacker issue with Modern Warfare 2 refusing to allow dedicated servers, they totally fucked up that title and killed it for many COD fans who played it on PC. Hell I was even hacking in MW2, along with 80% of the players. It was laughable to be honest and I never bought another COD game again.

Conclusion.

All this to say that porting a game from PC to console means getting in bed with HIGHLY greedy entities who will suck the life out of the development team and the fans and then leave the brand high and dry when it's dead and move on to the next brand. For lack of a better word I'd call it "vampirical".

That's the issue I have with all this "Releasing it on console" business and it has nothing to do with which platform is better.

well said that man! you may have my :beans: !

• Like 1

And another can of beans for you.

The move towards consoles is, imo, also fueled by piracy on the PC platform. Devs can only make the big $$$ from gamers that don't know/bother how to pirate, and this applies mostly to the console crowd. The console crowd also favours slightly more arcade games, as the elaborate keybindings (like you find in dayZ) is hard to port to a console.

In turn, this makes most games go console, and makes most games go more arcade-like.

This, in turn, leaves the PC crowd with far fewer games overall, and even less quality games. Making them pirate the few shitty games there are left. Making the devs go more towards consoles and arcade.

It's a circle/spiral, and I think we can't just point a finger at devs. The gaming community is to blame for accepting and paying for crappy games, devs think it is what everyone wants (aka know it sells).

• Like 2

The move towards consoles is, imo, also fueled by piracy on the PC platform. Devs can only make the big $$$ from gamers that don't know/bother how to pirate, and this applies mostly to the console crowd. The console crowd also favours slightly more arcade games, as the elaborate keybindings (like you find in dayZ) is hard to port to a console.

In turn, this makes most games go console, and makes most games go more arcade-like.

This, in turn, leaves the PC crowd with far fewer games overall, and even less quality games. Making them pirate the few shitty games there are left. Making the devs go more towards consoles and arcade.

It's a circle/spiral, and I think we can't just point a finger at devs. The gaming community is to blame for accepting and paying for crappy games, devs think it is what everyone wants (aka know it sells).

Or the companies just want more money....

• Like 1

@Dekamme,

Regarding a 3k price..... Keep in mind that my current setup consist of exclusively branded "gaming" gear. My monitor, keyboard, mouse, case.... These are the things that most people don't account for when they talk about cost. Of course I didn't put this together in one shot. It took me about 2 years to make a 3K system. I'm quite happy with it and most of my gear is hand me downable to the next upgrade I make but I'd say the initial cost over the course of the past 2 years was about 3K.

Edited by pabloottawa

Yeah piracy is a huge problem and it's only really PC players that do it, so I don't think PC gamers have a right to say they're better than so called "casual" console gamers, at least we pay for stuff.

Of course not every PC gamer pirates but enough to make devs lose a lot of money.

So if people want to see more from the DayZ team after it's finished, being on console and thus getting a lot more money almost guarantee's they'll produce some more, much better games in years to come it would be a great move.

For controls maybe it could go on both Xbox One and PS4 if it came bundled with a small keyboard? That would be decent, it would be handy for if you don't have a headset too if you have to type in DayZ you're basically defenceless where with controller and keyboard you can stop typing quick and use the controller to defend yourself.

PS4 still seems the better option though the touchpad can be split in to being 4 different buttons and be used as a touchpad, perhaps swiping left or right could scroll through the hotbar?

There seems to be plenty of people without a decent PC that want it on the new gen consoles anyway and for ones that don't know about just having zombies in it is enough for people to jump on the bandwagon.

I disagree with the piracy thing but only with regards to all online games. You can't pirate an online game and still get on legit servers. Sure you can crack the single player campaign and that's fine IMHO as it gives you a good taste of what to expect in Multiplayer but today's online games are just not worth cracking, therefore the crackers usually just crack single player and leave it at that.

In this day and age it's not a huge hit to their profits and if anything, it makes the person decide to buy the game.

Edited by pabloottawa

Are you guys kidding me only PC gamers Pirate? Oh yes and I'm sure only PC gamers use hacks, and glitches as well.....you do know people pirate everything except maybe Atari and N64 games right? Console gamers pirate online games too why do you assume a majority of PC players do it? Maybe because there's more retarded players on PC who get caught compared to consoles?

Of course retarded players hack and pirate on PC more than console. That's because hacking and cracking executables on PC is a matter of software manipulation which is MUCH easier to do on a PC. Even then though, you will never be able to crack an online game long enough to be able to get on legit game servers. Sure you may be able to get on for a few days if you're lucky but then you'll be locked out and if you used an account you've had for years you could lose your account along with any legit games you purchased on that account (not worth it genius).

Console hacking requires some hardware manipulation and therefore is hardly ever attempted. And again there is the legit server issue.

• Like 1

When jesus comes back riding his one eyed one horned flying purple people eater while shitting gold nuggets of truths that are worth a thousand Trump doll hairs.

• Like 1

Last two posts make no sense.

The one above Boston makes perfect sense he is the oracle after all he predicted the truth

• Like 1