DannyFilming

What's the current situation with blood?

I find myself in a bad situation, I went north, I'm all kitted up but I got hit by so many zombies, some of the invisible so now I'm so low on blood my screen is extremely blurry.

I read somewhere that blood regenerates when you're full but it doesn't seem to work. What's the deal with that?

Also, what do you need to do to do a blood transfusion? And what happens exactly when you do one and the blood types don't match?

If they don't match, you might get sick and assplode.

You need an IV kit to administer it. Also, you need relatively full energy to regen blood, which will in turn regen blood. Try eating more.

To get rid of the blurry screen, disable postprocessing effects. At least that's how it worked in the mod.

Blood generally regenerates when you see the "healthy" indicator in your inventory. If you don't see it, then odds are it is not regenerating or at a very slow rate.

To do a blood transfusion you need:

1. Another player

2. A full blood bag (with your type of blood)

3. an IV Start Kit

You will need to take the IV kit and the blood bag and craft them together to make the Bloodbag IV. Your friend then sticks a tube in you and puts the blood in there.

The wrong type of transfused blood would cause it to clump in your blood stream, blocking capillaries and leading to death.

Hope I helped.

E - you can find out your blood type by taking a Blood Testing Kit and using it on yourself and your donator. Be very wary.

Edited by Gesundheit

If they don't match, you might get sick and assplode.

You need an IV kit to administer it. Also, you need relatively full energy to regen blood, which will in turn regen blood. Try eating more.

Exactly how much would I need to eat? Cos I ate like 4 units of food and still nothing.

Danny, I'm also not sure which effects are implemented yet and which are out, but check these out:

http://dayzdb.com/guides/mechanics

Might give you rough idea of how much and of what you need to eat/drink to get your energy up to the threshold necessary to start regeneration.

Edited by dimitri3p0

Is your blood type the same with every character or does it change with every new spawn?

I'm pretty sure natural blood regeneration is not working right now and transfusions are the only way to regain blood.

it does work but you need to eat and drink tons ;)

your Energy must be above 5000, Water above 2500, and Blood at 5000 than your healing,

the indicator "healthy" appears and your regenerating 3 Health / s

the best way to regain blood is to combine a saline bag with an iv kit and creat an saline bag IV  but you need a friend which gives it to you

also take a look at this link, there are the most things discribet

http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects

8uz6y4yf.jpg

Edited by admiral23

I'm sort of confused by this. Apparently a saline bag plus an iv kit will fix all blood loss. This is infinitely easier than doing the blood test, using blood bag and yadda yadda. Is there someone who can explain exactly how these procedures differ and how they work, because frankly, I don't see a point to dealing with the hassle of testing blood types and all that stuff if you can just use saline iv.

I'm sort of confused by this. Apparently a saline bag plus an iv kit will fix all blood loss. This is infinitely easier than doing the blood test, using blood bag and yadda yadda. Is there someone who can explain exactly how these procedures differ and how they work, because frankly, I don't see a point to dealing with the hassle of testing blood types and all that stuff if you can just use saline iv.

The Saline bag with regenerate your blood back to the full amount.  This will give you full health and color back.  To use the saline you must combine it with an IV Start Kit.  Most saline bags I have found have already had the IV start kit attached to them.  If it has an IV it will say Saline IV.  You will need another player to give you the saline, you cannot give it to yourself.

To use a blood bag you first need to test your blood to see what blood type that you need.  Certain blood types can mix with other blood types and you can find that on the guide listed above.  To do a transfusion, someone must use a blood bag and fill it with blood.  Then you combine the FULL blood bag with an IV start kit to create a blood bag IV.  Once you do that someone else can administer it to you.

In both cases you need another player.  A few things to keep in mind are that the blood test kit can only be used once, so if you need to test two peoples blood then you will need two kits.  The blood bag I believe removes 5000 blood from you but gives the recipient much less than that.  Saline is the best way to gain your blood back if you can find it.

The Saline bag with regenerate your blood back to the full amount.  This will give you full health and color back.  To use the saline you must combine it with an IV Start Kit.  Most saline bags I have found have already had the IV start kit attached to them.  If it has an IV it will say Saline IV.  You will need another player to give you the saline, you cannot give it to yourself.

To use a blood bag you first need to test your blood to see what blood type that you need.  Certain blood types can mix with other blood types and you can find that on the guide listed above.  To do a transfusion, someone must use a blood bag and fill it with blood.  Then you combine the FULL blood bag with an IV start kit to create a blood bag IV.  Once you do that someone else can administer it to you.

In both cases you need another player.  A few things to keep in mind are that the blood test kit can only be used once, so if you need to test two peoples blood then you will need two kits.  The blood bag I believe removes 5000 blood from you but gives the recipient much less than that.  Saline is the best way to gain your blood back if you can find it.

Thanks for this info. I literally see saline bags all over the place. I think I'll get my buddy to use one on me tonight.

Exactly how much would I need to eat? Cos I ate like 4 units of food and still nothing.

The regeneration is pretty slow, so you might not notice it for a while. You only really need to eat a can of food and a couple swigs of water from a canteen as long as your character isn't already complaining, but you also need your energy up for your blood to regenerate.

Sprint around for a minute to warm up (not sure if temperature is working yet but it doesn't hurt just in case), duck into a building, and give your character a few minutes to rest.