Sign in to follow this  
Greg_nonk

My first game of DayZ

Hi everyone,

I'll be writing a short summary of my very first experience with DayZ. I have installed the ArmA 2 mod but failed to get it working correctly, so I just bought the standalone.

I was very eager to get started and did so straight away, not having a clue to what to do.

So I wake up on the beach somewhere, I look around me and I see some houses. I head to the houses, being very careful for zombies and perhaps encountering some other people. I search the houses and find a can of sardines, but I can't open it. There also is a well at the 2nd house down the road. A blessing, as I was starting to get really thirsty. I looted all the houses and moved on down the road. I come across a lighthouse, so I climb into the lighthouse to pinpoint my location and to look for other settlements.

One side of the road is empty, but on the other side I see something that resembles harbour equipment, so I start walking towards the harbour and happen to stumble across another village. Here I met my friend Peter. We communicated and decided to team up and explore the area together as he also had no clue to were we where.. We found some bags and clothes in that town and also something that resembles a scope, probably to be mounted on a gun. 

So we travel together towards the harbour, and we get into a major city. Both of us starving, finding food is a must so we search the harbour. Nothing. We find a wrench and eventually a map, we now know where we were. So we continue'd searching the harbour and suddenly we hear someone screaming so we investigate. A man with a fire extinguisher walking around in his underwear is asking for help as he was getting chased by a zombie. We quickly grab our baseball bat and crowbar and kill the zombie, and the guy thanks us. We give him some rags so he can bind his wounds. We decide to travel together in a group, but as we continue searching the city for supplies he suddenly says "I have to find my friend. Goodbye and thank you." In confusion me and Peter are silent and decide to move on. We find some Tuna in houses, which tasted quite good. Eventually we come across a supermarket where we find bullets and some other gear like head-flashlights etc. Now supplied we decide to move to the next town. We explore the town and come across something that looks like a firefighters building. We go inside, but there are zombies so we decide to climb up the ladder and get in the 2nd floor. To my suprise, what I found there was a Mosin Nagant. Oh how happy we were, as we had been shot at not too long ago. We decided to get on the roof to try find some other survivors, and eventually we do find survivors. They yell 'Friendly!'. I decided not to trust them and command them to put their hands up and drop their gear and have a conversation with us. After gaining their trust we moved on in a group of 4. Eventually one tried to kill me with a crowbar, so I was forced to shoot him. This wasn't a wise choice as this attracted alot of zombies. We climbed up another roof, and out of fear I stressed out and accidently fell of a roof. Peter tried helping me, but it was too late. I had died.

I have really enjoyed my first dayZ experience which lasted about 2hours.

If people want, I'd like to team up with them and try to survive. Hit me up on steam: oldgreg020!

I hope you enjoyed!

• Like 5

Enjoyed reading this, especially the stress-fall, definitely something I would do when panicking.

So far I have 4 hours on my first life, been through 4 smaller towns - seen one person in a corn-field, he saw me, turned and ran like the wind.

I was unarmed.

Enjoyed reading this, especially the stress-fall, definitely something I would do when panicking.

So far I have 4 hours on my first life, been through 4 smaller towns - seen one person in a corn-field, he saw me, turned and ran like the wind.

I was unarmed.

I think I got very lucky to find a friend. Perhaps we can team up.