pawndizzlor

Everything is delayed

Hello! I bought and downloaded the DayZ standalone yesterday on steam and it's fine except for one thing.. Every thing I do is delayed. Moving (any direction), aiming, interaction, even moving my mouse over options when I go through configurations or character selection.  I'm not sure if it's always intended to be like this or not... Or am I just dumb and not used to it? I've never played the mod so I don't know how to compare it.  I can't think of what would cause everything to delay a tiny bit. Any ideas or is this intentional? P.S., if this is in a lot of other threads or different places I'm sorry and it can be redirected if needed.

V sync. Check that. I HATE vsync cause everything feels delayed.

its probably your mouse smoothing. Go into controls, right side box the first 2 sliders for something like "mouse smoothing" take that all the way down

I found that the rotation blur and mouse smoothing made the game kind of weird and delayed looking.  It may have been another setting though im not sure.

Edited by kg360

Thanks for the responses guys. I have tried Vsync on and off, still happens regardless. I have my roation blur and my mouse smoothing all the way down, have also tried with them all the way up or in the middle but to no avail. Even the highlight of the options when you hover over them (they turn red when you hover over them) doesn't happen right as my mouse goes over it, Literally everything is delayed by just a tad... Weird

My refresh rate is at 60 Hertz which is the highest it goes. This delay doesn't happen on other games (except a little on dead space) so I figured it wouldn't be that but idk..

Probably DeSync and/or laggy servers. I have been experiencing it a lot lately, myself. Very frustrating.

Even just going around through the main menu not connected to another server? Cause the options are slightly delayed as well. My ping and whatnot in game is low enough so Idk. I just know based off of watching other people play that it doesn't seem like some people have this problem so I didn't know if it was fixable.

What are your specs?

When I used to play on my old outdated vid card everything was delayed. Once I got my new one it went away.

Google or search on this forum for your problem. It has something to do with the mousse smoothning not going off when you turn it off in the menu in some cases.

I suppose it's possible Matt. I have a slightly outdated graphics card (radeon 5770) and an AMD Phenom II x45 quadcore, 4gb ram.. Also, Hershel, as I said before (or at least I think I did,) I have played around with mouse smoothing and it is not only my mouse that feels weird / is delayed so.. Yeah

Its been discussed in another thread its a server related issue which i have experience these past few days, seems to clean itself up after a server restart though.

Server restart? How often does that happen. And is it a different time for all servers or is it a server wide restart they do just to make sure things run a little more smoothly since its new release?

Hello! I bought and downloaded the DayZ standalone yesterday on steam and it's fine except for one thing.. Every thing I do is delayed. Moving (any direction), aiming, interaction, even moving my mouse over options when I go through configurations or character selection.  I'm not sure if it's always intended to be like this or not... Or am I just dumb and not used to it? I've never played the mod so I don't know how to compare it.  I can't think of what would cause everything to delay a tiny bit. Any ideas or is this intentional? P.S., if this is in a lot of other threads or different places I'm sorry and it can be redirected if needed.

go down with your resoultion and tell if its still delayed

if i play on 1080p its feels delayed on 720p its fine, except that the mouse is not 1:1 ratio :( but thats the games fault :o

Edited by chris90

I am kind of dumb... I didn't even think for a moment about the difference between rendering resolution and just plain old resolution. So, when I saw both of them I just put 1920x1080 for both. Lowering the RENDERING RESOLUTION did help with the delay quite a bit. It is much less noticeable now, although maybe still there a super tiny bit but I can hardly notice now. Thank you very much for that last bit Chris, helped a lot! And thanks everyone else for trying to help / responding as well ^^