Sign in to follow this  
mtclipz

Everything is Gray (Black/White)

I am new to this game.  Earlier I got a broken leg apparently by falling all but 6 inches.  Anyways I was crawling around not knowing what to do, went to make a thread trying to get help and when I tabbed back in I was unconscious.  So I hit respawn.  Said something about not being able to connect so I went to main screen.

I made a new character and then joined a server.  When I logged in I was my previous character, no longer unconscious or with broken leg but I was bleeding everywhere and everything was blurry.  I found a medkit, patched the wound and then was running around trying to get food and stuff because Ive read that can get your blood back up.  So eventually the blurriness went away and now everything looks normal except the color of everything is grey.

I have tried resetting video settings and turning off v-sync and anti-aliasing and all that but to no avail.  Is this some kind of status effect that makes things look like this or do I have a corrupted game file?  I have read some things about a similar problem in the DayZ mod and you would delete some files from some Arma folder but I do not know what to do in the Standalone with Steam.

Sorry I am new to the game, sorry this is so dragged out.  Thanks in advance.

TL:DR - Anyone aware of a fix for a grey colorscale (black/white) problem?

From what i understand the more injured your player is the more black and white your screen will turn...

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Ok good so at least I know its the the system or files.  Thanks!

Your health is low. If you eat and drink more than you usually would and rest for a while you will start to recover health.

You just need to have your hunger and thirst at full to heal blood.

Keep in mind it takes a stupidly ridiculous high amount of food to become full.