Sign in to follow this  
SG-17

Why is Podeba Dam gone?

I'm just curious as to why it was removed in the standalone. It was a unique area in the mod.

• Like 1

It wasn't that unique.

It was water. hills. tree's. A big wall.

Nahh, I'd rather have a prison, a whole new town. Or an Airport... ooh. 

Edit: In a long history of using it as a tent area.. not one single fire fight, no loot. just a glorified water supply. 

Edited by DaveZ

I actually didn't realize they were adding new places to the standalone.. When I looked at a map of the standalone I saw a massive new town north west of Chernogorsk on the hill and it's awesome. Me and my friend spent hours there just exploring around.. and you get a GREAT view from the rooftops. The massive apartment buildings don't appear to have much or any loot in them at the moment but that place is great. Haven't noticed any other new places yet. Is there a list?

I'm just curious as to why it was removed in the standalone. It was a unique area in the mod.

mah g

pobeda was the shit

I actually didn't realize they were adding new places to the standalone.. When I looked at a map of the standalone I saw a massive new town north west of Chernogorsk on the hill and it's awesome. Me and my friend spent hours there just exploring around.. and you get a GREAT view from the rooftops. The massive apartment buildings don't appear to have much or any loot in them at the moment but that place is great. Haven't noticed any other new places yet. Is there a list?

Holy crap..go explore son ! You're lucky i can't slap you through that monitor !

Edited by Hetstaine

Edit: In a long history of using it as a tent area.. not one single fire fight, no loot. just a glorified water supply. 

I got into a firefight three times at Pobeda dam. Won 2/3 aswell :)

Could've been removed for several reasons

- Coupled with their inclusion of "streams/brooks/creeks", Pobeda Dam as a tributary-less body of water no longer makes sense. Or, they've got something better planned for it in terms of a water feature.

- The north (see north of NWAF) has been pretty much wiped clean and is very WIP. There are tons of missing assets, out-of-place land textures, and so-on up north. Perhaps they're moving Pobeda out of the way for something else.

I'm still not 100% on board with their apparent plans for the north. I liked the wilderness up there and I feel that it's becoming marginalized in SA. There is no frontier or wilderness anymore, you're never more than a stone's throw from a town/city. I hope they expand upon this later on in the development cycle.

Well I hope that it returns in some fashion near the northern edge of the map by the time the game goes gold.

I don't care about the damn dam, but they said they wanted to include some new towns up north? There are currently open fields, a few farm buildings, and dirt roads en masse. What's up with that? And what about the occasional doctor's office they promised to have as an alternative to hospitals in the little town up north...so you don't need to go to Berezino/Cherno everytime a rabbit bites you. I guess it is really WIP. I guess Ivan Buchta also stated something about a whole year he needed to complete the revamp. Might see map updates in the future. Along with character wipes all over again?