crypticsilence

Player Logging is REALLY killing gameplay

What would you like to see changed the most?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see changed the most?

• Battle Logging
    • Awkward Player Movement
    • Add Vehicles!
    • More Guns!
    • More Misc. Gear (Examples: Barbed wire, tools, traps, etc.)
    • Melee needs fixing.
    • Other (Please explain in the thread)

Hey all,

I've been a huge fan of DayZ mod for a while, but gave up on the mod due to game affecting bugs, such as glitchy zombies and frustrating inventory bugs.

So far, stand alone has been a great experience, I love the character interactions and the mechanics (Minus some bugs due to alpha), but there is one main concern I have...

Battle logging. It is quite possibly the most immersion breaking thing this game has to offer. If you have not encountered this or do not believe it to be a serious issue, let me explain an instance this affected me personally:

I spawned in Chernogorsk, ran through a bunch of towns on my way to the military base north of Kamenka, and hit balota airfield on the way. I was held up twice (I did not battle log, in fact I wanted to test it during the first interaction, but figured that would ruin both my experience and the guys holding me up). I ran back through the towns I had once passed with my own m4, fully equipped with supressor and prestine equipment, but no magazine, and held up a few people. I came across another person with a gun, I held them up and told them with a single round chambered in my gun, and told them to drop their backpack, so I can check it. He immediately battle logs. Now, this wouldn't be so bad if he just left, however he ended up logging back in behind me, so I spun around and fired a single shot from afar at him and hit him, but he ended up escaping. I pulled out my axe and chased him (Which brings up the issue with using melee inside a building, but this does not bother me anywhere near how much battle logging does) into a building where he pulled out his pistol and proceeded to dump lead into my now lifeless body. 

I lost about 6 hours worth of gear that I had kept safe, because this guy has the ability to instantly quit and rejoin the game.

I would like this to be heard by the devs and taken care of. I hope there are other players who agree and if you do, please speak up!

Side Note: I understand this is in Alpha and am enjoying this game thoroughly, so please let's keep the tone light and looking to the future, not just complaining about bugs. Do remember this is in the "player discussion" section.

I voted other....

I'd like to see these threads stop until they have implemented their fixes for these issues.... until then I don't understand the point.

You would like the devs to hear this?  Do you honestly think they have NO idea about this issue and you're bringing it up for the first time?

WHEN they implement their changes and if it's not up to par - then post about it. Until then it's pointless.

Edit:  You might as well be complaining about there not being any vehicles... they're working on it.  Creating a post about there not being any vehicles isn't going to change their timeline any - so why should this?

Edited by SquirrelX

I voted other as well.

I'd like to see some features being activated such as combat logging, the ability to read books, cooking items, more performance optimizations and such.

Hey all,

I've been a huge fan of DayZ mod for a while, but gave up on the mod due to game affecting bugs, such as glitchy zombies and frustrating inventory bugs.

So far, stand alone has been a great experience, I love the character interactions and the mechanics (Minus some bugs due to alpha), but there is one main concern I have...

Battle logging. It is quite possibly the most immersion breaking thing this game has to offer. If you have not encountered this or do not believe it to be a serious issue, let me explain an instance this affected me personally:

I voted other....

I'd like to see these threads stop until they have implemented their fixes for these issues.... until then I don't understand the point.

You would like the devs to hear this?  Do you honestly think they have NO idea about this issue and you're bringing it up for the first time?

WHEN they implement their changes and if it's not up to par - then post about it. Until then it's pointless.

Edit:  You might as well be complaining about there not being any vehicles... they're working on it.  Creating a post about there not being any vehicles isn't going to change their timeline any - so why should this?

I don't want to be a mood killer but I agree with SquirrelX.  Rocket said it would probably be more than a year until this game hits Beta. 

Rocket already said the issue of combat logging would be addressed with a logout timer/cooldown before the Alpha was even released.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I don't want to be a mood killer but I agree with SquirrelX.  Rocket said it would probably be more than a year until this game hits Beta. 

Rocket already said the issue of combat logging would be addressed with a logout timer/cooldown before the Alpha was even released.

No that's more than understandable. I did not know that Rocket had said this. Thank you for the input! :D

I voted other....

The point of game forums is to talk about the game... I am simply stating where I would like to see this game go. If you read the end bit, I said that I understand that this is Alpha, but that this is my main issue and would like this to be higher priority than fixing somethings such as melee or movement, or even before adding vehicles. The point is to let the devs know that this is affecting game play, and if enough people feel the same way, they will be more likely to look into fixing battle logging before looking into something like adding a sniper rifle.

I am simply trying to let the devs know that I love their game enough to spend time typing on their forum to help them better the game. If they didn't know about it, I would like them to. If they already know about it, I would like them to realize that it's important to fix.