Sign in to follow this  
h0rschd

How about a Nuclear power plant?

First of all, merry Christmas to everyone!

With that out of the way, what do you guys think about adding a Nuclear power plant?

I imagine it looking similar to this:

nuke-plant.jpg

It could be set somewhere far north (if possible, with all the mountains up there) or maybe between Grishino, Gvozdno and Gorka, I don't know. Parts of it could be contaminated (related to the things listed below), maybe even one or two lakes around the plant.

-radiation sickness (from Wikipedia

Acute radiation syndrome (ARS), also known as radiation poisoning, radiation sickness or radiation toxicity, is a constellation of health effects which present within 24 hours of exposure to high amounts of ionizing radiation. The radiation causes cellular degradation due to damage to DNA and other key molecular structures within the cells in various tissues; this destruction, particularly as it affects ability of cells to divide normally, in turn causes the symptoms. The symptoms can begin within one or two hours and may last for several months.[1][2] The terms refer to acute medical problems rather than ones that develop after a prolonged period.[3][4][5]

The onset and type of symptoms depends on the radiation exposure. Relatively smaller doses result in gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and vomiting and symptoms related to falling blood counts such as infection and bleeding. Relatively larger doses can result in neurological effects and rapid death. Treatment of acute radiation syndrome is generally supportive with blood transfusions and antibiotics, with some more exotic treatments such as bone marrow transfusions being required in extreme cases.[1]

Similar symptoms may appear months to years after exposure as chronic radiation syndrome when the dose rate is too low to cause the acute form.[6] Radiation exposure can also increase the probability of developing some other diseases, mainly different types of cancers. These diseases are sometimes referred to as radiation sickness, but they are never included in the term acute radiation syndrome.

-hazard suits (reduces radiation levels)

-a geiger counter (shows radiation levels)

-security outfits

-security weaponry

-new types of gross zombies

-lootable uranium

-cases to carry uranium

-crafting radioactive bullets

-some sort of medicine to heal radiation sickness (vodka?)

so what do you guys think?

Edited by h0rschd

I believe the focus of Chernarus is to be authentic. Having nuclear power plants where in reality is not available shouldn't be present in the game.

If chernarus existed, how do you know what would be there and what wouldn't be ? It's a fictional country so the devs can do ANYTHING they want with this country and they won't make it unrealistic, since they decide what kind of country it is, what was there, what is there, what will be there etc

Edited by Gdaddy22

Yeah, why wouldn't it fit? Apart from that, I feel like exploring a huge complex like that with your geiger counter in your hand, being hunted by zeds and trying to not die of radiation could be pretty intense. Add some bandits to that scenario and it gets pretty wild. Just my opinion of course.

Isn't Chernarus based on an actual place, though? I believe there was a dev diary about that.

However, there's nothing to stop the devs from adding anything.

Stuff will be added eventually anyway. Why? First, due to the sales and some other stuff I can't see this "project" fail any time soon.

Which means that 2) the planned features are therefore expected to arrive eventually. And that includes building. Possibly not just player structures (existing or custom things they can place around), but it may also include new places added to the map. Just like the bigger Cherno for example.

To be honest, it would be pretty neat to be able to make your own medium or bigger structures. Or to add general places to the map anyone could explore, like said plant or underground areas. Labs. Etc.