Sign in to follow this  
CGNoodlePot (DayZ)

Leap of Fai.... I mean Death!

Has anyone tried going down a ladder when suddenly your character jumps out from the top and dies from the fall?

Sometimes try character even jumps, hits the ground, then gets back in the climb ladder position but still dies.

I lost a lot of good gear due to these. :'(

It happened to me on Fire Station in Elektro North twice and the latest is on Kozlovka big rusty warehouse building.

Who agrees that dayz is legally obligated to have this sign next to each ladder :P

ooJczwb.jpg

• Like 6

I haven't been laddered yet. I just don't use any at this point, since people keep telling these horror stories. I don't know anywhere where ladders are needed to loot, except maybe the roof of firehouses... where you just get hsot anyway.

I logged out on top of a firestation, logged in it was pitch black, after 5 minutes i found the ladder... I regret finding it to this day.

• Like 1

I haven't been laddered yet. I just don't use any at this point, since people keep telling these horror stories. I don't know anywhere where ladders are needed to loot, except maybe the roof of firehouses... where you just get hsot anyway.

Agreed, there is no viable loot that needs to be reached via ladder everything lootable can be accessed via a stair set.  I suppose its more so those exploring that get killed.

Agreed, there is no viable loot that needs to be reached via ladder everything lootable can be accessed via a stair set.  I suppose its more so those exploring that get killed.

Whatever keeps snipers off the roofs of Cherno apartments. :)

Happened to me with my very first character at Balota AF. It was very... traumatic. I avoid ladders now, they're evil.

I fell off a ladder. A friend used the sticks and rags to make a splint and i made a full recovery. Ever since then i DO NOT CLIMB THE LADDERS!

Good for you, my friend laughed his *** off. lol