Phineas

Pristine v.s. badly damaged

Are the effects implemented?

How does it affect cargo pants?

What are gloves for? (Thermal only? Itty bit of armor?)

How about footwear, does it matter at all?  Speed?  Armor?

Are boots better offroad?

Thanks!

None of those things matter. It's alpha.

its alpha its alpha mimimi, does that mean this function isnt implemented ? tard.

clothes looks different if they are damaged, scopes on weapons are broken if they are damaged. thats what i noticed about damaged items

Edited by chris90

Yes, I am certain that damage does indeed have an affect. Although Im not convinced of 'degrees'. Clothes do indeed offer a bit of protection. from zombie bits to axe swings.I think now, there are two values ruined (zero protection) and everything else. how many more hits (damage) an item can take between pristine and ruined is represented by worn/damaged/badly damaged etc...

None of those things matter. It's alpha.

I love how people are quick to shout ALPHA and absolutely nothing else. In a few months, when those are implemented, guess what stage the game will still be at?

Alpha

Either way, it matters a great deal.

I'm also interested in this mechanic. Has anyone noticed something deteriorating over time at all yet? I found my first M4 the other day and it was in pristine so I was happy. Later I found my first silencer and it is badly damaged. haven't tested it yet to see if it works at all/worse/same. I'm interested to see if it breaks at all or renders the weapon unusable if it goes ruined.

I have found some clothing items will deteriate over time but not always, that or I am being much better with them. The one thing I have found seems to constantly deteriate is my headlamp.

I will get a pristine headlamp and a few hours later look and it is badly damaged. Find another one and it happens again, yet my clothes stay pristine.

I have noticed being hit by zombies deteriate my clothing and backpack.

If I have a weapon and attachments at pristine they stay pristine all the time.

its alpha its alpha mimimi, does that mean this function isnt implemented ? tard.

clothes looks different if they are damaged, scopes on weapons are broken if they are damaged. thats what i noticed about damaged items

Not extensively tested yet. But if scopes are damaged its accuracy is decreased. I have pristine longrange on mosin and mate has damaged. Both nailed first shots on mark. Aiming same spot i managed to group better. Both where well fed and hydrated shooting from prone position. Holding our breaths and giving it time. The more rapid fire way the accuracy on damaged or worse scope really goes to hell.

Just our experience. Though we will test it out more