Sign in to follow this  
FBI

MY first impression and wish list for SA.

Hi, First of all I would love to say how AMAZING this game is!!! I started playing mod around May 2012, watched it develop seen up and downs of the game and to be perfectly honest i was loosing commitment to the game and was wholeheartedly waiting for SA. So naturally I wanted it sooner rather than later... and yes in the poll "have it now, but unfinished" or "wait till its playable" i chose "GIMMI IT NOW!!"

What I have got had blown my mind... i mean even the simple things like number of different hats and shoes and other stuff... the in-depth of hunger, thirst and meds... its turned the Zombie survival game to survival simulator with a zombie twist... and I LOVE IT! to be more specific i would say we need to make it harder to survive and keep zombie just another danger out there. Cos lets face it... if you are playing DayZ to mindlessly slaughter zombies and PVP... you need to play CoD or something, but only after you finished doing your homework, if you have time before your 21:00 bed time.

Obviously right now game is Pre-Alpha... and yes we all aware of the bugs... vanishing bodies.. etc etc, but to me personally that tolerable, what I want is more things to find and more different challenges... for example different areas that you need specific gear for: like high altitude mountain range where you possibly would need to have warm clothing, shelter, and oxygen tanks. Or perhaps Nuke-reactor with a leaked core, area full of loot, but where you would slowly be dying from radiation unless you take anti-rads which prolong your ability to be exposed and you will need NBC suit. Basically so you don;t just collect 1 set of gear... it be cool to have a need in 2 or 3 different sets.

My wish-list

- Nerf running... at the moment my guy can run 20 miles with no stop and sprint some of it. i think he should be able to run 2 - 3 miles after which he will feel tired... then exhausted, then he will feel like vomiting... then he will vomit... then start passing out. its realistic, i mean in IRL I can run 5 miles easy. but throw some weight on me (and my  character carries a LOT) and i will struggle... to think that my character also doing it in Combat boots and Gas-Mask... christ, i feel sorry for this guy, how does he breath!!!

- More weapons for the East of Cherno... or less for the West... I usually been spawning from Kamenka and following same path up north to NWAF. and if you have done this path, you would know that its just full of Army barracks, Stations, and mil. bases. ONCE i happened to spawn on the East coast.. and so I wanted to find the mil. base in the Brezino.. but it wasn't there... nothing was... there is not even fire station there anymore... no tents, nothing... i had to get to the Rify and get on the boat just find Mosin

- CHANGE OF NAME. how many of us Googled DayZ and got info from MOD rather than SA. I wish it was more clear...

- Change of loosing a shoe when walking though ponds or waterlogged areas.

- Hopefully wood collecting will be back... but also sticks and stuff like that... cos its a bitch to break your legs in the wood... knowing that you need some sticks and rags to make a splint... and not be able to collect wood... in the woods :\

- Sleep, i think it be a cool way of going AFK or a risky way of restoring health... so you would heal up slowly over the time you sleep... but also wake up hungry and thirsty.

• Like 1

@Color, I have to agree... but at the moment is very unbalanced :\ West got lots East got none.

I would like to see Mil. backpacks... and civil chest rigs... like workman clothing... fishing vest or something like that.

- Change of loosing a shoe when walking though ponds or waterlogged areas.

I don't think that's actually a good idea, i mean i have been hiking all my life and never lost my shoes, I have to add i don't wear sneakers i wear proper military boots, so i guess if they would consider this feature they would need different system for the standard sneakers, hiking boots low/high, jungle boots, military boots etc etc etc

And don't you worry about the more stuff you want, its still early alpha mate, they will release TONS of more stuff later on :) just hang in there!

- Nerf running... at the moment my guy can run 20 miles with no stop and sprint some of it. i think he should be able to run 2 - 3 miles after which he will feel tired... then exhausted, then he will feel like vomiting... then he will vomit... then start passing out. its realistic, i mean in IRL I can run 5 miles easy. but throw some weight on me (and my  character carries a LOT) and i will struggle... to think that my character also doing it in Combat boots and Gas-Mask... christ, i feel sorry for this guy, how does he breath!!!

This Please!  :) Unless we were all marathon runners before the apocalypse? 

• Like 1

This Please!  :) Unless we were all marathon runners before the apocalypse? 

even if we are, marathon runners are running in a T-shirt with plaster on the nipples... not with 40kg on them + rifle, axe, gasmask, helmet... list goes on!

I don't think that's actually a good idea, i mean i have been hiking all my life and never lost my shoes, I have to add i don't wear sneakers i wear proper military boots, so i guess if they would consider this feature they would need different system for the standard sneakers, hiking boots low/high, jungle boots, military boots etc etc etc

And don't you worry about the more stuff you want, its still early alpha mate, they will release TONS of more stuff later on :) just hang in there!

I am not worried about the actual "items" the game already has a lot more then I could even wish for. and I am 1000% sure that there are going to be WAY more to come... once public modding sets in, i wouldnt be surprised if we all gonna be running around in Santa outfits for the next Christmas!

@Color, I have to agree... but at the moment is very unbalanced :\ West got lots East got none.

I would like to see Mil. backpacks... and civil chest rigs... like workman clothing... fishing vest or something like that.

You kidding me? It took us about a hour and a half to get to NE and we got shot and killed the minute we got there.

You kidding me? It took us about a hour and a half to get to NE and we got shot and killed the minute we got there.

Im sure they mean that the West has more MILITARY spawns than the East. Which is very very true. Not necessarily players.