Sign in to follow this  
Ghostinthenight

Cure for brittle bone disease?

This is getting really annoying at this point. I walk off a 2-3 foot drop, break a leg. I get hit once by a zombie, break a leg. I get "pushed", break a leg.

It'd be great if you guys could tone back the broken legs, or give alternate solutions to fixing them, I.E. some sort of splint with wood/bandages, an over time heal, or more morphine.

As it stands, you get a broken leg its pretty much GG unless you travel with an active group of people who happen to have morphine. If you're by yourself/you run out (and you will, due to the aformentioned reasons) etc. you're screwed. Yes you COULD conceivable crawl all the way to a hospital, but since towns are infested by bandits, zombies, and general everyday looters that option isn't really viable.

It isn't even viable to GET the morphine in the first place. The difficulty of getting the morphine should eqaute to breaking your leg being rarer, yes? As it stands now you pretty much break your leg by getting out of bed in the morning, and the only cure is Chunk Norris' tears. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but the main idea is still there. There needs to be a nerf on broken bones, or a buff to morphine, or additonal items/ways to fix broken bones.

Its really lame to gather up gear, weapons, food, etc. travel 10 miles, then get hit through the wall by a zombie and break a leg (happened numerous times).

In real life a broken bone sends you to a medical center (hospital, doctor's office, medic, etc), ingame those people are trying to eat you...

So what do you do? The next best thing, of course, send your friend to a hospital in one of three cities to find morphine. Lack the friends? Better start crawling.

Yeah, it sucks, and I'm sure they are working hard to find another way to do it, maybe even change the mechanic completely, but unless then we just have to get used to breaking bones from a 3-foot fall, or a random zombie punch to the face... The Face... THE FACE. Oh God, my femur's weakness, a punch to the face!

EDIT: (I still get the urge to shoot people in the legs with lower caliber rounds, so they bandage and begin, "The Journey")

you guys forget that you can also break your bones while being next to a wall and turning while prone... ^^

Pretty sure that one is a bug. Had a friend break his leg by walking over a bottle, when another guy tried it he went through the wall, and fell to his death... Crazy Air Traffic Control towers.

My four man team, with eight broken legs. All four on the way to the hospital for even more morphine.. I gotta agree, zombies have gone wild with breaking legs lately.

Calcium defeciency, it is a zombie apocalypse after all. We all have osteoporosis obviously.

add milk. or a vitamin shop to loot.

Copgun... I actually think that's an interesting idea... what if instead of just eating food for health we needed to balance our diet to fend off disease, broken bones, etc?

Copgun... I actually think that's an interesting idea... what if instead of just eating food for health we needed to balance our diet to fend off disease' date=' broken bones, etc?

[/quote']

Yes, a bit more interesting then just the bland hunger symbol.

Id like to see the broken leg wear off after 30min to an hour of logged in time. Severe enough to still carry a lot of (and persue more) morphine, but dealable for soloers. The brittle bone syndrome combined with high rate of bugged ways to break a leg really hinders group dynamics.

Zzzzz, stupid ideas.

Our backpacks are only so big, we'll end up needing containers to hold all of this shit soon

It's the lack of Calcium in your diets J/K!!!!!!!!

Um, might try a varied degree of leg damage. Instead of out right broken; you might have damage do something from hindered to out right broken almost immobale. The damage check would do from low level of immobale to highest calling the damage a sprang, bruised, splinted, cracked, and broken bone damage. The bone symbol would change color from yellow to bright red to show how bad the bone is hurt.

:cool:

Yeah, WeTheFallen, thats pretty much it. As it stands it seems 90% of the stuff we have to do to play the game has a very high chance of breaking our legs, yet morphine seems to be increasingly rare. Or God just hates me, since I've never found a one, and my friends (at most between three of them) have only found four total, all of which were used within 20 minutes-an hour of finding them.

I understand that broken bones IRL are serious shit, and doubly so in a zombie apocalypse. But as its currently set up its TOO extreme. We can't splint it, bandage it, use a crutch, take painpills, wait it out, or anything else. Our lone hope is finding the mystical Morphine.

Damn i did not see this post and basicly said the same thing haha.

Zzzzz' date=' stupid ideas.

Our backpacks are only so big, we'll end up needing containers to hold all of this shit soon

[/quote']

Is it so hard to disagree without making an utter ass of yourself? Your argument is a perfectly valid concern. You don't need to call other people's ideas stupid to make yours look better.

On topic, most of the bone breaking issues are with the engine itself, so it's hard to say if Rocket can do anything about it. Zombies, however, break your bones far too easily, and I imagine that's more fixable.

I've been a big proponent of splints for a while. Though personally I think the broken bone should be set by another player before it's splinted.

As far as morphine goes, I don't think it needs to be more common, unless the country we are in had severe drug problems.

I think that another good alternative to leg breaking, would be to be knocked to prone by zombies. This would cause you to frantically have to get up still, but you wouldn't be out of a leg.

I believe that broken legs should be reserved for big fall damage 10ft+, getting hit by vehicles, and gunshot wounds.