Sign in to follow this  
CharlieAnd1/2

Ideas for next patches

- Zombies should be tweaked.

I know that Zombies is a hard thing in DayZ but I am not speaking on something that requires and super-ultra bubble-situation of some internal problems in the networking system of the internet provider to the max. Just make them roam abit, make a WALKING animation of relaxed zombies, roaming a small 6-houses-based village to explore the wonderful discoveries of it. 

Make them walk in interiors, they become a threat incase you don't have a firefighter axe.

- Tweak the hive thing!

Make servers a point of interest for permanent stay. You have no reason to stay in a server permanently, what's the point? Players? If you team-up with someone you should go over with him to skype or TS.

Add a basic tent for a temp solution. Start making the vehicle system and add Industrial loot piles!

Come on! Make progress, let's make the DayZ equal to the mod as soon as we can!

- No humanity, but something that reminds it.

You remember where you could aim at someone in close range and hear heartbeats if his humanity is lower than 0?

Why not adding it. It is not a humanity system and is just a check if you are very close to him meaning it cannot be abused for long range stuff. Could be cool if added!

- Delay the snipers, improve current weapons.

I've heard an SKS might come soon. Please delay sniper rifles until further build, atleast keep those for beta. It will add more KOS than there is and THERE IS. Instead, let us equip more scopes on our guns, and let us improvise a scope to fit other guns, such as Red Dot Sight (That CompAim thing) to fit the Mosin with a Duct Tape, and let us use PU scope on M4 with Duct Tape. Let us find some kind of colour cans and let us paint our guns with camoflaged colours, COULD BE COOL. I would LOVE to paint an M4 with woodland colour to look like the BF3 m16.

- In-Character and features.

Add more realistic stuff to actually make our own story. Let us commit suicide by shooting ourselves in the head, while having a book in hand, let us make an animation of reading it. Oh and, let us read books - I know it's impossible to make 150+ books readable with 100+ pages, but atleast let us read 1 page - like a plot of the story.

- Chernarus Express.

With the vehicle system, let us have more background on Chernarus. Add some kind of FedEx deliveries van, attach some kind of Company Signs to planes and choppers. Present the bus-line on busses and let us have a map of transportation-lines in Chernarus.

Add more ideas.

Edited by CharlieAnd1/2

Books ARE readable.. I found one with over 120 pages. Also you can refill water bottles/canteens with wells and ponds.

Some things I would like to point out my good sir, 

You can fill water bottles and canteens in ponds, just simply crouch and scroll with it in your hands. 

And the main thing, THIS IS ALPHA.

You should select a home server on starting a character.  This server you will automatically connect to, to switch servers you need to change homeservers which should be a 10 minute or so process.  This prevents server hopping, ghosting, and creates a reason to stay tied to servers.  The only issue would be if your home server is full :/  I'm sure there could be a good solution for that.  But I think that should be added in eventually to solve a lot of issues.

• Like 1

you can fill water bottles in ponds.. its just tricky to do so as you need to aim at an exact point.

dude the SKS isnt a sniper rifle...

? I don't know what DayZ Origins taught you really but SKS is a DMR (Not the USMC DMR you play in the mod, but Designated Marksman Rifle - A medium range sniper rifle).

As for the water refilling, thanks for informing.

? I don't know what DayZ Origins taught you really but SKS is a DMR (Not the USMC DMR you play in the mod, but Designated Marksman Rifle - A medium range sniper rifle).

As for the water refilling, thanks for informing.

No. The SKS is a Carbine, and a DMR can be ANY gun a Marksmen uses. The SKS is not a sniper rifle. You should really learn your facts.