Sign in to follow this  
Figarus

Question regarding cities

Hello,

I recently started playing dayz and i have a question regarding cities. I just looted a big city and find my self in need for ammo for my M4. Sould i go back to the balota and stumble upon a lucky refill or go to a city rich on ammo? If so what places would you guys reccomend for Ammo/guns? 

Edited by Figarus

Best place to find ammo is at balota as soon as the server restarts or at a military base up north.

You can find M4 ammo just about anywhere. Don't ever back track unless you are certain of a server reset and there is a spot close by. Use http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus and check location. Police Stations, Airfields and Military sites are obviously the best spots. Police stations are found in larger cities

With the number of server hoppers I found it next to impossible to get ammo and first choice drops from Balota without getting shot and/or without joining the ranks of server hoppers myself - I tried it, got very bored of it and noticed everyone was doing the same thing anyway so you have to wait til the wee hours of the morning AND get lucky on the server you join.

Spend the time trekking upto one of the Northern airfields and hope that no-one server hops into you up there. Balota is just plain terrible unless you have the patience to check every server due to the proximity to the spawns. Either a fresh spawn will have hightailed it there from their starting blocks, or a bandit group will be camping it for the aforementioned fresh spawns.

I just make sure to be at a military loot area when the server refreshes.  Everytime the server refreshes so does all the loot and zombies...  If you are first into the barrack you are able to get first pickins...  Just watchout because everybody else is thinking the same thing =p  Just be aware of your surroundings and if in doubt sprint and zig zag... hehe

EDIT:  I just realized this question may be for the mod not the alpha my mistake...  The loot and the zombies respawn in the dayz mod for arma 2 OA  whenever all of the loot is gone from the inside of the building...  The Zombies spawn whenever players enter the location i believe it's 300 meters allthough i may be wrong.  Do to this all you must do in the mod is completely empty the barracks leave for 15 minutes or so and return to the barracks if done correctly new fresh loot will spawn...

Edited by The_Magical_Fruit