Reynevan

Recording Standalone?

Hi! I have a little problem with Standalone. I have really decent PC (i7 4770k, 8 GB RAM, GTX 760), I run DayZ as smooth as possible (30 - 80 FPS) on max settings and yet I can't record game at 1080p, 30 FPS. When I tried it yesterday I was pulling like 20 - 26 FPS (which was still crap) and today for some reason after I started recording game it was locking itself at 11 - 13 FPS. What the hell? For comparison I tried recording Crysis 3 on max settings - I have constant 30 - 40 FPS. I'm recording with Dxtory, Lagarith Loseless Codec and with 8 threads recording enabled. What's wrong? I know that SA's optimization is crap but many people are recording game properly.

Edited by Reynevan

You have a nvidia card. Why not use shadowplay?

Edited by sk1y

Shadowplay sucks because it lacks options. For example with Dxtory I can record 3 different sound sources on 3 different tracks so I can adjust volume or cut off some Teamspeak bullshittery. Dxtory is known recording program - there's just some problem with recording DayZ that I can't fix.

To get ShadowPlay working I had to add the -winxp launch option on DayZ in Steam which made it very unstable. Alt-tabbing and recording crashed the game.

I am using DxTory now and keep a solid 30-40fps (rec 30fps) with a similar system to yours (i5 2500k OC'd to 4GHz, GTX 670, 8GB ram, recording to a Samsung HDD 7200rpm). Plus as you said DxTory records multiple SEPARATE audio channels so you can edit them individually.

Shadowplay does not work properly with DayZ. 

Also, recording in native resolution is going to claim some resources....

If you are planning to upload to Youtube, it is generally recommended you record in "half size" mode in FRAPS. 

Uploading to youtube has never been a problem for me, I just record with frap's and edit/produce it in HD the only thing that lacks are my graphic settings.

I'm was playing around with twitch and ODS just tonight trying to get them to work correctly and they didn't seem to be working correctly, I followed all there steps and nothing, I could just be really nab at this to be honest, but if anyone has any suggestions as to an alternative for me I would greatly appreciate it.