Sign in to follow this  
RaxUK

Combat stances

So arma 3 has 9 different stances the player can be in: High, medium and low; standing, crouched and prone.

a3_stance_adjust-1024x212.jpg

They are probably one of my favourite additions for Arma 3 and I think they would fit quite nicely into DayZ. They would add a new way to interact with cover (such as peaking over certain props without having to make yourself completely obvious) and its not unrealistic to expect civilians to use different stances when using different types of cover. Short walls, for example, are too tall to prone behind but crouching would be completely obvious so a sitting (high prone) or low crouching position would be significantly better.

In all honesty I would be content with just a static sitting stance to get the benefit of a more stable shooting position without having my vision obscured by all that awkwardly heighted grass.

• Like 2

I think Rocket said in a stream or something that they werent going to add the arma 3 stances because your playing a normal person not a trained soldier. 

Which is understandable but having something between prone and crouched, like sitting, would be so useful as there are so many things that have an awkward height that isn't quite right for prone or crouched.

I think it would be awesome while playing on first person view servers, for third person I think It doesn't matter as you can actually see over rocks, walls etc using the 3rd person camera, no need to expose yourself.

I really use it while playing arma 3, especially for  taking a look over the grass, a rock, etc without exposing you too much.

I think Rocket said in a stream or something that they werent going to add the arma 3 stances because your playing a normal person not a trained soldier. 

If Rocket really said that, umm, it seems a cheap excuse really :P

There is nothing inherently "military" about this. People stand at the height they will based on what feels natural and comfortable.

Unless you mean to tell me you need to have formal military training to know whether your head is sticking out from behind a low wall or not.

Edited by TheAntiFanboy
  • Like 1