Rekuja

Mouse issues, literally unplayable... top priority?

You know what, I absolutely apologize. I was able to recreate the "problem" you're describing by attempting to whip my mouse around at ungodly speeds from left to right.

The problem is, that you don´t need ungodly speeds to create the problem for some of us. I´ve had to adjust my mouse sensitivity right up and adapt style where i use mouse very slowly (compensated by high sensitivity), to not end up looking at the ceiling.

It´s not muose smoothing,aiming deadzone etc. It´s not just the problem caused by negative acceleration, where camera only slightly turns when you use mouse fast.

When i drag mouse across the screen, it jumps up and down, without any imput from me to do so.

gtx560m here, and razer death adder.

Even if it were an attempt to mimic realistic turning (which it is not), most games do this by making the ironsights not lined up, so that if you do a quick 180 you'll have to wait a fraction of a second for the character to line up the sights again.

I actually agree with OP.

If there's one thing that shouldn't be realistic - it's mouse movements having negative acceleration. The only thing it adds to the experience is annoyance and a feeling of clumsiness. It makes me less immersed in the control of my dude, because that's not how it feels when I look around or turn in real life. There's isn't some kind of glue preventing me from spinning or quickly focus my eyes at something.

• Like 1

Mouse movement in general is really terrible., it's not just me getting used to it. I got used to Arma 2 (dayz mod) , it was clunky but playable.

This movement in Standalone is seriously bad. I can't  play in the cities and I'm puttin in time, enough time to get used to it. It just whips around at irregular speeds and sensitivities.  I have a logitech g400 which works just perfectly with any other game.

Arma 2: Clunky but bearable

Arma 3: A pleasure

Dayz SA: Horrid

Yes as OP stated Top Priority

Edited by Big_T
  • Like 1

Dude I have exactly the same problem, downloaded Day Z yesterday and the mouse acceleration problems are literally intolerable, I've been looking everywhere to try and find a way to fix this.
It literally feels like I'm controlling my character with a joystick and a rubber band, every time I need to move I tug on the rubber band and I swing somewhere towards where I was intending. 
I can't find anywhere that has a fix for it.
I've tried changing mouse smooth.
I've tried changing: From Default 1000 and 3  to GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

I've tried editing all graphics in every kind of way... and still nothing. Oh and I have a Microsoft mouse not Logitek or whatever the other guy had so it's clearly not the mouse. 

@ ZedsDeadBaby you have no idea what you're talking about. Watching this video as an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APdlpgsBqJ8 makes me so jealous. The fact that in the first minute he's able to aim at the door, then at the person, then at the door again in one go is exactly WHAT I cannot do. The mouse movement just flies everywhere. I haven't attempted using a gun yet, but when I fight a zombie... it takes like 5-6 mouse swings in a short space to actually aim at them. 

It needs to be fixed :) I hope they do it soon.

• Like 1

This currently is the most annoying thing in the DayZ Standalone Alpha!

I don't understand the devs. they can't be true PC players if they agree to implement negative mouse acceleration.

Good thing that it's already in the issue tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=76

This needs to be adressed by the devs!

Turning more when moving the mouse slow than when you move it fast is just, extremely stupid.

There is no excuse for implementing such a terrible game mechanic, no matter if it's a Alpha version or not.

Every PC gamer that uses Mouse+Keyboard will immediately feel that there is something extremeling wrong when he spawns the first time and starts to look around.

I know at least 20+ Players who complained in the very first five minutes after their first spawn, about the wrong feeling that negative mouse acceleration gives them.

I really can't get how the devs (or the closed Alpha participants) either did not recognised this or felt like not changing/fixing it so far.

It IS a gamebraking issue for me (and also for others), clearly not a bug, but a game mechanic that has to be changed ASAP.

Simply introduce "Raw Input" or let us toggle the mouse acceleration OFF should be enough and would allow us to start up and play the game again.

Would like to see this fixed in the very next patch, so we can continue to hunt bugs to report, instead of having to complain about a game mechanic, that should have never been implementet at all (or at least not in this terrible way).

Negative Mouse acceleration should never find its way into ANY pc game!

No matter for what reason, no matter how good the original idea behind this decision is/was.

And don't get me wrong here, the idea is good and shouldn't be burried, but the execution is more than bad, it is awful, terrible and wrong in so many ways.

Threaten PC players with neg. mouse acc. is a extremely poor design decision and I as a PC player can and will not accept this.

They have to find another way to give us a different handling for different weapons, other than using negative mouse acceleration.

TL;DR 

The only thing that really has to go is the negative mouse acceleration.

Negative Mouse acceleration is some of the worst things you can implement into a PC game and it should not be in ANY game at all.

Limit the turn/lookaround speed is okay, using neg. mouse acc. is NOT!

@Frostbyte_

If your mouse is "jumpy", clean your optical sensor, maybe there is a tiny hair or some dust in front of the lens.

@ZedsDeadBaby

I'm really not sure if you are only trolling or if you just can't understand or see by yourself what problem we are discussing here.

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss

Yeah I hate to say "game breaking" but at this point I find myself not wanting to play until it's fixed,  I know the devs are on it , and it will be fixed hopefully soon, but still, it's unplayable ATM.

Side note: is there a config setting that can be manually altered in the mean time? I tried putting the smoothing to 0 which does nothing.

Edited by Big_T

Nope.

Tried everything in the Profile settings, seems to be hardcoded/cant be turned off by changing a config variable.

Greez KiloSwiss

to be honest i think its intended, the game just doesnt let u turn around quickly 360° cause its unrealistic, so u need to wait for ur actual character to turn around. 

But in the other way, in realy life u can aim quickly at least at 180° perimeter which in game causes zigzaging cause u turn with ur mouse too fast, while ur character turns slower...

and i hate it too, it just feels weird, but if u check from 3rd person view u will see what im talking about with that character.

This definitely isn't it. You can turn your sensitivity up and do 5 360s in a second. It just screws low sensitivity players really hard.

lol I just don't see why aiming left should make my crosshair go diagonal, really hope the devs are onto this... it's the only thing ruining the game for me, other bugs I'm totally fine with.

@Frostbyte_

If your mouse is "jumpy", clean your optical sensor, maybe there is a tiny hair or some dust in front of the lens.

It´s not that. Cleaning was one of the first things i tried, but even before that the mouse worked perfectly in the menu screens of the game, on desktop and in other games, it´s definately something to do with the dayz itself. I´d dare to guess it´s the infamous negative mouse acceleration having some weird interaction with something else(the problem does get more pronounced as i increase the speed i move my mouse), so atm i´m waiting for the mouse acceleration fix.

i got a g500. i cant explain it, but yeah, it sucks. its not the mouse, its gotta be the game. Doesnt play anything like, say, battlefield. Its kinda laggy, not fluid, just clunky.

I've gotta used to it, but firefights still scare me, dont know how some people aim and fire so quickly.

Two topics confused into one here.

OP stated a clear bug with his mouse when used in DayZ SA. Best is to report it including driver # and mouse brand/name/etc then hope for the best.

Another thing you could try is, if you have a secondary mouse or a friend with another mouse, to try for a couple minutes, see if works proper.

The other topic mixed in is with mouse movement in general. I think it's meant to be a bit "clunky" to simulate the fact that you just cannot do a 180° perfect aim headshot in half a second then another 180° to finish that second. Basically makes game-play less "twitchy", therefore putting some slight disadvantage on people who, through training, become quick-scoping aimbots while running full speed on a 600m target. If you're good at aiming, you'll still be better than others, just less so. I believe this is by design.