Sign in to follow this  
Shootter

What's up with all this KoS complains

i can't even look at this forum without seeing someone bitching about KoS, seriously...     it's a survival horror game, so u people want us bandits to run around for hours looting,  making friends and riding ponies? look at our world, people kill people for stupid reasons or no reason already, now think what would happen in a zombie apocalypse. Reasons of the KoS:

1.- Im not running around the damn map looting just for letting some idiot kill me and keep my items

2.- it's fun

ruining the gear after getting shot and bringing a million zombies it's not going to stop me from shooting people, i even have a team of 6-7 bandits and we move from city to city cleaning up all the places. If u Take KoS out what's is this game going to be about? survive the zombies? if u want to do that just stay away from the cities or log out and never come back. once u get the loot u want what's next? that's right: kill people. Deal with it.

This post was rather useless.

People are complaining because KoSing has turned from the odd bandit shooting someone in some badass way, to groups from 5+ camping the coast shooting freshspawned, unarmed players.

Most people who have been playing since the begging are just dumbfounded why people find it entertaining to sit at balota and shoot an unarmed player, as you get nothing out of it. And new players are frustrated because they keep getting murdered for no reason.

Due to the release of the SA, DayZ has gained a number of new players, and lots of new players made accounts on the forums. Not many people know that KoSing is old news, so as a result, the forum is plagued with oceans of posts on the same topic.

EDIT: I don't think it's people don't want KoS at all, they just want it in innovative ways. They want banditry to go back to it's roots, with robberies, and murders that took skill, precision, and made it fun for both parties.

The majority of KoSing has turned from what I've mentioned above, to large groups roaming the coast murdering fresh spawns because they can't take the heat of the north.

Edited by Statik
  • Like 7

murder and banditry are different things, if you think instantly shooting everyone you see is being a bandit you clearly don't understand how to play as a bandit

• Like 1

People are complaining because KoSing has turned from the odd bandit shooting someone in some badass way, to groups from 5+ camping the coast shooting freshspawned, unarmed players.

Most people who have been playing since the begging are just dumbfounded why people find it entertaining to sit at balota and shoot an unarmed player, as you get nothing out of it. And new players are frustrated because they keep getting murdered for no reason.

Due to the release of the SA, DayZ has gained a number of new players, and lots of new players made accounts on the forums. Not many people know that KoSing is old news, so as a result, the forum is plagued with oceans of posts on the same topic.

I made this post because i wanted an answer, "People are complaining because KoSing has turned from the odd bandit shooting someone in some badass way, to groups from 5+ camping the coast shooting freshspawned, unarmed players." well that's dev's fault, very few player in the server, there's no reason to going up north when u can get full gear within 15 minutes at the coast, it doesn't matter if u kill full geared players of fresh spawns because the bodies disappear within a minute, also me and my friends find that kidnapping and forcing newbies to do something is really funny. i know it's alpha but hell, if you're going to release a game in the market atleast make it playable.

Edited by Shootter

Maybe if you realise there is nothing else to do in dayz SA with its limited content right now other than being an asshat.

I made this post because i wanted an answer, "People are complaining because KoSing has turned from the odd bandit shooting someone in some badass way, to groups from 5+ camping the coast shooting freshspawned, unarmed players." well that's dev's fault, very few player in the server, there's no reason to going up north when u can get full gear within 15 minutes at the coast, it doesn't matter if u kill full geared players of fresh spawns because the bodies disappear within a minute, also me and my friends find that kidnapping and forcing newbies to do something is really funny. i know it's alpha but hell, if you're going to release a game in the market atleast make it playable.

The game is completely playable.

Yes, the devs do need to sort out the loot tables, but this is only an alpha, and it's difficult to balance the loot tables with 3 guns in the game.

Take what you want from this, as this is only my opinion:

Your excuse at murdering fresh spawns is about as bad as it gets. How does bodies disappearing justify shooting a fresh spawn? I don't understand that.

And IMO, if everyone who kidnaps someone forces them to do something resulting in their death, nobody is going to submit to restraints in the future, meaning IMO, if people just force everyone they come across to drink disinfectant, or to eat rotten fruit, it's just going to ruin that aspect of the game. 

• Like 1

Maybe if you realise there is nothing else to do in dayz SA with its limited content right now other than being an asshat.

How did you get your name on the left side, in a different font, with no post count...

O_O

murder and banditry are different things, if you think instantly shooting everyone you see is being a bandit you clearly don't understand how to play as a bandit

i know the diference, bandit is someone who robs you or kills you for the stuff you have, and a murderer is someone who kills just for killing, like i already said banditry is useless right now for 2 reasons: A)you ruin the gear (that's stupid) B)the bodies disappear almost immediately. u can't rob someone who is full geared because he is going to shoot you, so you gonna have to kill him anyways but, hey surprise body disappear withint a minute, so you just murdered the guy for no reason, there's very few loot diverity and all i need i can get it within 15 minutes of server hopping. if things are like that then im going to murder anyone anyways.

The game is completely playable.

Yes, the devs do need to sort out the loot tables, but this is only an alpha, and it's difficult to balance the loot tables with 3 guns in the game.

Take what you want from this, as this is only my opinion:

Your excuse at murdering fresh spawns is about as bad as it gets. How does bodies disappearing justify shooting a fresh spawn? I don't understand that.

And IMO, if everyone who kidnaps someone forces them to do something resulting in their death, nobody is going to submit to restraints in the future, meaning IMO, if people just force everyone they come across to drink disinfectant, or to eat rotten fruit, it's just going to ruin that aspect of the game. 

let's be honest, most of the people who do it it's because it's funny and because there's nothing else to do, and im pretty sure they're not going to let them pick up the few items the server still have and of course not letting them pick up a gun because then they turn into a threat. seriously it's very easy to know why

People are already organizing in groups to cleanse the servers of your bandit KoS scum. Be warned the People's Militia are coming.  >:(

• Like 1

People are already organizing in groups to cleanse the servers of your bandit KoS scum. Be warned the People's Militia are coming.  > :(

sounds like fun!

Instead of coming up with awful ideas on how to keep people from being bandits how about we just make spawns more randomized through out the map in selected locations. It would minimize camping and promote more dynamic game play. 

• Like 1

Instead of coming up with awful ideas on how to keep people from being bandits how about we just make spawns more randomized through out the map in selected locations. It would minimize camping and promote more dynamic game play. 

or maybe just make going north worth it.

Sad fact is KoS wont be going away until more things have been implemented, and even then it will only be reduced, it won't ever go away as some people still treat this as some kind of more complicated CoD, plus it's on the internet, get used to trolls/asshats, it's just the way things are online.

However, it is not banditry, if you just kill everyone, no matter their gear, and without first attempting communication, do not claim to be a bandit if that's how you play.

If someone is charging at you with their fists or some other melee weapon, you kill them for survival, I wouldn't even say that is banditry, if you see someone in a spot that has guns as loot, even if they had nothing yet, it can be safer to kill them, or get the hell out of there, as you know once they find a gun, you will be the target, again, I wouldn't particularly consider that banditry, but its closer then killing someone in a town/on the road that had nothing on them.

Don't forget, you have the gun, if you are in such a place, you can force them to surrender or leave, if they don't, its their own fault, and at that point, you are no longer KoSing, not that hard.

Oh, and if you don't have a mic, get one, or hit F2 and type a message...

EDIT: I don't think it's people don't want KoS at all, they just want it in innovative ways. They want banditry to go back to it's roots, with robberies, and murders that took skill, precision, and made it fun for both parties.

The majority of KoSing has turned from what I've mentioned above, to large groups roaming the coast murdering fresh spawns because they can't take the heat of the north.

exactly^^^...

while i dont pvp at all, even im not saying remove pvp..

im saying the game needs to address the KoS issue, which is a totaly different thing.

getting geared up and fighting opponents of equal ability is what PVP esp. inland should be about..

not just a endless zerg of spawn/grab gun/ attack first person spotted rinse/repeat along the coast...

if thats all SA is ever going to be, its been a complete and utter waste of 18motnsh of dev. time trying to build other areas and systems into the game.

People are already organizing in groups to cleanse the servers of your bandit KoS scum. Be warned the People's Militia are coming.  > :(

im sure they arent worried..  KoS kiddies are the very same people who will logout the second they are return fired upon...

/fact.