Sign in to follow this  
The Furry Rozzer

Sickness, Fire Creating, Blood Bags: How Do?

Hello fellow survivors!

I've bought this game having come from the ArmA 2 Mod, and first of all I would just like to say Wow. This is such a big improvment compared to the Mod and I absolutely have to congratulate the developers.

As a former Hero on the Mod, I thought I knew everything. I was wrong, very wrong. I've died more times than I did on the Mod when I first started out back in ArmA. I've got sick from drinking water (because I have no idea how to boil it without knowing how to create fire), died from blood loss (the blood bag system is just.. new) and definitely been killed more times by zombies than actual bandits. So since this game is totally newb-unfriendly, I turn to the greater knowledge of survivors. May I please ask:

How do I cure sickness if I don't have Antibiotics?

In the Mod everyone knows Antibiotics are like, priority number two when it comes to medical supplies. Bandages, I figured out you could use Rags as much as you want as long as you have Alcohol to clean the wounds.

How exactly do I build a fireplace?

Again, the Mod was much easier. Wood + Matches = Fire. But in the Alpha Standalone I find Stones, Sticks, Matches and yet I can't seem to figure out how to make and start one. I also figure I need a empty tin can to boil water so I don't poison myself? I don't know, need some serious help here.

Saline Bag IV, Blood Bag, Blood Test Kit, But how to make a blood transfer?

Blood Bag + Buddy = Give Blood. I've found a Saline Bag IV, an empty Blood Bag and a Blood Test Kit. How exactly do I give/recieve a blood transfer when almost every blood bag is empty? I did read the description on the blood bag when inspecting it and saw little hint about donating. So I can actually use my own blood to fill the bag and donate it to another player as long as they have the same blood type as me? Or is there a way to fill the blood bag from a hospital or something? I have absolutely no idea.

I would love it if anyone who knows How To Do to maybe pass on their knowledge to a ArmA 2: Dayz fellow.

-Much regards, Standalone Newb.

1. You can clean your wounds with alcohol tincture, which helps to stop you get infected. Not sure of any other way to get rid of the sick thing. I think eating lots of fresh fruit and drinking lots of water helps too.

2. Don't think they've actually added these parts in to the game yet as they haven't added the cooking/gathering part in.

3. You need to get blood from another player for the blood bag. You need to use a test kit on it and yourself to see if you are compatible I think, not quite sure how that works because I've not bothered with one. Blood bags only give 2000 blood in the SA though. Saline IVs take you back to full health so are much better :) Hope this helps a little

• Like 2

haven't tried making a fire yet. but sickness can be cured by keeping well fed and hydrated over a long period of time. 

and blood bags...kinda suck now, its all about the saline now lol

Ahh, so that's why I can't makes fires. But what about when I find a Gas Stove and attatch them together, can I boil water with it? Also I can understand now with the Saline IV since Saline is pretty much a Salt Water solution which you don't need a Blood Group for. As for the Blood Bags, that's kind've cool how you can donate blood to someone else with the same blood type. They'll probably buff them up though, I mean the game is still in Alpha stage.

I also found out that sitting still for like 10-20 minutes gets rid of your sickness since I sat in a forested area when I Alt-Tabbed the game to go look for a cure online, which took me a good 20 minutes watching videos and browsing the web but even then it seems no one has posted anything about it. So I decided to make an account on here and post on the forum. Once posted, I went back into the game and saw my sickness was gone.

Thank you guys a million for helping me out, I owe you Baked Beans if we ever come across one another. ;)

Well, to know if you have an infection or are sick you must have antibiotics.

After taking them you will be notified my wounds feel better.

After that you will continuously get my wounds look cleaner and such until it says my wounds have dully healed or something in green.

I don't think you need to keep taking antibiotics, but I did anyway (as you get a lot) the most important thing is to fill up with clean water and use water purification tablets when you can.

Military bandages and bandage rolls are always sterile.

• Like 1

Wonderful, so they act just like ArmA 2 Antibiotics only they just take longer.

Another quick question if you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of Charcoal Tablets and Vit Bottles?

I think charcoal tablets slow poison/sickness by the looks of their description. Vitamin bottles help cure sickness from what I've read so keep eating them when you are sick as well as food/drink. Should help :)

The Charcoal Tablets cure the early stages of food poisoning, the big rule is DON'T EAT ANY ROTTEN FOOD! Fill up with water as soon as you spawn from a water pump and then look for food.