Sign in to follow this  
hedrex

Random load-out and realistic food spawns

Two things in the name of realism

Load out. How about you spawn with a random load out? Never anything too fancy, or maybe you could it make it a 0.0001% chance you spawn with a near military kit, but if maybe two or three times in ten you spawn with a makarov, 1 mag, a few tins and a bandage, sometimes a bag, sometimes not, perhaps make a melee a common, but not guaranteed start item, i think always a watch though (they're almost useless and theyre taking up valuable supermarket space). It would give a bit of intrigue and something to look forward to and to take a bit of the kick out of dying by gate or toilet or some other bug. It would be cool playing with mates when dying 'what did you get dude?' 'shit all, a torch and an empty water bottle, how about you?' 'a makarov with the wrong ammo'. Also, if the zombie apocalypse kicked off, some people would be able to put their hands on more survival gear at short notice than others, but most peoples load out/ bug out bag would be a mish mash of whatever they thought might be useful on day one when they fled the 'event'

Food spawns. In the name of realism I think there should be food in almost every enter-able residential spawn. If people had fled the place in a hurry or turned then there would be tons and tons of food and water everywhere. I don't suppose there is a realistic, engine wise, way to make the total food on a server decrease over a longer period of time perhaps.

edit: just thought about random load out respawning, it would be super exploitable, because people would just keep respawning till they got a kit they were happy with, its the same issue as server hopping and respawning to find a good spot, if that could be stopped this could be done.

Something that might help is a respawn penalty, if you hit the respawn button without dying you have a five min wait? It would stop respawning to find a good place and potentially a number of other bugs/exploits

1. Random loadouts have already been suggested. Please use the search button and put your ideas there instead.

2. Any form of respawn penalty that has been suggested thus far will punish both people using exploits and regular players. If I get stuck in "the wilderness", am I supposed to wait for some other person to come kill me? No, I'd rather just respawn and not be punished.

2. Any form of respawn penalty that has been suggested thus far will punish both people using exploits and regular players. If I get stuck in "the wilderness", am I supposed to wait for some other person to come kill me? No, I'd rather just respawn and not be punished.

How is the respawn exploited becides finding a choice starting location? Do you mean despawn?

"No, I'd rather just respawn and not be punished"

When you despawn you are killed and lose your gear, how is that not punished?

Because I don't have to wait five minutes because of a glitch beyond my control. The loss of gear in this game is inevitable, nothing you can do but not get too attached. But I don't think that I should have to wait for 5 minutes if I didn't do anything. And also, in your first post you said the system would be easy to exploit. That was what I was referring to, as well as the choice location thing.

Load out. How about you spawn with a random load out?

And people wouldn't just keep respawning until they got something reasonable? Destroying the central server in the process...

Nice Idea, but it would be a terrible idea to actually implement it.