Planning to upgrade, looking for FPS estimates

I am going to upgrade my computer soon, when i am done i will have these specs

-Graphics card-

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5

-Processor-

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Quad core

-RAM-

6 GB DDR2

Windows 7 32 bit, any estimates to what frames i would get on normal? Any tips to get it to utilize all of the cores would be great, and how to remove the animated background in the menu screen

I have had someone who had similar specs say i would have 30 fps in cities, more in fields, but its nice to get more feedback. Thanks!

I'd switch to 64 bit. You're not utilizing your cores or memory properly with 32 bit.

Other than that, that system should be rocking. Unless maybe your hdd is really slow or cheap mobo.

Well, if i researched correctly then it will only use two cores of my quad core processor, and only 4gb of ram, the other 2gb sitting there doing nothing. I'm not so sure about the graphics card, but if i don't have 64 bit win 7, the upgrade will be near useless. :(

Custom built my computer, doesn't have a brand, this says it will download to any brand computer http://www.softwaresupplygroup.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-oem-branded.html And its 68.99$ Legit?

Nevermind, need a dell install code apparently, damn it

Anyone know if i can upgrade from windows 7 professional 32 bit to 64 bit if i have the product key but not the disc that was used to download it, i'm considering pirating it.

Was just at their site, damn they charge way too much for their pile of crap. Arma II has more work put into it (and a lower user-base) and they charge $200 for their gimped shit home version.

So upgrade version is $119 instead of $199 and I would image your product key would work. Guess try ordering it on their site and see.

Well' date=' if i researched correctly then it will only use two cores of my quad core processor, and only 4gb of ram, the other 2gb sitting there doing nothing. I'm not so sure about the graphics card, but if i don't have 64 bit win 7, the upgrade will be near useless. :(

[/quote']

Keep in mind the 4GB limit is the TOTAL limit of all memory/address space in the OS, including the video card. In other words with a 1GB video card, you are only going to be able to use 3GB of your RAM at most (and in some cases as low as 2GB).

Here's a good explanation if you're interested:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91260http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91260

Was just at their site' date=' damn they charge way too much for their pile of crap. Arma II has more work put into it (and a lower user-base) and they charge $200 for their gimped shit home version.

[/quote']

Just get an OEM copy, it works just as well as the "retail" copy but it's a lot cheaper. They are for system builders (Dell, HP, etc) but you are also considered a system builder if you are building your own PC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Ite

People are still using 32-bit windows? 0_0

You'll have to reinstall windows to go from 32->64.

Wait. Sorry been awhile since I installed windows. Does your copy not also have 64 bit? The one you purchase comes with both.

Couple of things.

Your card is a bit old, wait a tick and you'll find better. (second hand or even just asking could get you a bonus)

What's your motherboard?

Get the fastest RAM you can find for your motherboard. (this is actually quite important)

Core count... 4 at the fastest speed you can find..any additional cores will be unused.

Finally.

MS couldn't give one shite if you steal the 64bit OS or not. Its the license that counts not the media. If you have a key, it'll work and if it doesn't work, just steal a copy anyway.

I would also sugges getting an i5 instead of an AMD processor. The fact is there just better, in ever way look up the benchmarks etc. Arma 2 is heavily dependant on your CPU (poor resource management).

For examply had my i5 at 3.8ghz and OCed it up to 4.4ghz and got 10FPS more on every server I joined.

Overclocking my video card (GTX 680) didn't give me anywhere near those results.