Sign in to follow this  
kstrife

disheartened and disappointed someone explain ? D:

1. Items should be rare, they should be even more rare. Right now there isn't many ways to get food, I think that later when hunting, gathering, fishing etc will be added It would be easier to get food on your own.

2. It's still early alpha, more zombies will be added and they will be improved. Also it's good that you don't see any players so often.

3. You will learn everything about the map if you play more, I can tell where I am in the first second I spawn without even looking at map. If you find it so hard you can google a map.

4.This has beed said over 1000 times, they wiill probably change the time in which you're becoming hungry/thirsty. Till then, when you are hungry or thirsty, eat or drink till you are full and you won't have to eat or drink as often then

Edited by Gdaddy22

So, I started to play DayZ a few days ago when SA released. I was watching streams before that, I was reading forums/reddit, I have read the Steam Store page VERY carefully. And to be honest? I think the game is very easy when you wrap your head around it. Took me maybe 1 hour to get the game and feel it out. Three hours in I was having the best loot possible. I knew what I was getting into. 

But with you its very apparent that you lack a sense of reading. You said you didn't see the warning signs POSTED LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. On steam store its posted at least three times that this is early-access alpha stage of a game. Also when you start up the game itself, every time you can see a big sign saying exactly that. The only thing that is furthering me into believe that you have no idea how to read is because you said there is no rep system on this forum, and you missed this BIIIG NEON GREEN sign, on literally every post. 

I'm not attacking you, you have just failed to do your homework on researching a game before you buy it.

• Like 1

I want to address the map thing. This game strives for some realistic points. As someone new to the area you really have no clue where anything is. Having a magical map you can access is not the solution. Doing what you would do in real life IS the solution. Follow a road or powerlines. You know those two things go somewhere where people once were. 

You spent an hour+ in the game and only found 5 items? Wow. I've found that much in about 10 minutes of play in a picked over Cherno and by that I mean 5 items I want to keep like a screwdriver, cans of food, clothing, and a melee weapon. Your best bet is to get off the coast and find another town. Drink a LOT of water from one of the well pumps then follow a road to another place, preferable inland. You will probably find more there. 

If you don't enjoy the game shelve it for 3months or so then come back and see what it is like. A lot is going to change as the year goes by and maybe you will enjoy it when it is a bit more fleshed out.