Sign in to follow this  
mordax

General features / improvements ideas

First of, i KNOW it is alpha and not completed game, but those are ideas that can be implanted right now or in near future to help it make better survival experience.

Things i would like to see to improve the survival experience:

- Weapons made super rare - so rare that you can end up playing 10h in empty server and still won't find a gun.

- Server jump protection - this is a MUST HAVE, just copy warz/infestation, they done it nicely (if you switch server within 60 minutes, you will be teleported away from the area you was in, into nearby forest (no zombies around). additonally could add that if you still loot same place by just walking back that 100-500 meters and loot the place, then that if you do it more than 5 times in like 30min, then you will be teleported to skalisty island or other nonsense place that takes you ages to get back to any place that has anything.

- Spawn protection - if you join server, you will be in spawn protection for 60 seconds (it will go away if you equip a weapon) and also you can instantly logout while in spawn protection (for example if people start shooting at you while in spawn protection)

- Logout / combat logging protection - again, copy warz/infestation, just add 10-60 second delay, even if you lose connection or game crashes, you will still remain in game for that amount of time. Also if you shoot at someone or get shot at and hit logout to run away like a chicken, then a RED icon would appear over your head, telling everyone around you that you are logging out, so that they can rush in and kill the chicken (and that process CAN NOT be stopped once you hit logout during combat).

- Zombie damage made a LOT higher - zombies should kill you within 10 hits or less. while you run and get hit, they should knock you down like in dayz mod (later patches).

- Add more zombies / spawns - i'm not sure if this is planned or not, but right now its very dumb, there are almost no zombies and you can easily tell by the zombies if someone is in town or not. if there are zombies, then most likely no1 is around. zombies should spawn AWAY from players, not around players. so that if you go into a town and clean it out, they won't spawn again in that area, but they will spawn in nearby areas and after some time (10-30min) they would end up wondering your direction. something like in movies, that if you stay in one place for too long then zombies will find you. also that way you could not tell if anyone is in area or not.

- Doors - should randomly close / open, because 99% of people leave doors open, so you can tell if anyone has been in the area and looted the area. wind can easily blow doors close/open in real, why not in dayz?

- Zombies still glitched badly - even tho zombies have improved and you can actually kill them with melee wihtout getting hit (if you're not a total noob), they still glitch bad, for example they walk thru EVERYTHING, even houses and if you go upstairs, they walk thru the house walls and stand under you trying to hit you lol. I'm guessing everyone is aware of this, but just saying .. could be improved.

now at the end .. if there are so many damn crybabies who whine and whine like little whinebags that they want to PvP!!!!! ...well go play arma3 then, why do you even buy dayz if you want to pvp?? play arma3 and get over it..don't play dayz.

ok well from developer side, i understand, they want MORE $$$ .. so they would lose money if little whiny kids would not play, so they could just make 2-3 different type of servers:

- Survival - have all the features to reduce PvP (MORE zombies, more zombie damage, almost no weapons..etc)

- Normal - like it is now

- PvP / Easy - zombies are smaller threat and weapons are very easy to find.

BUT! you won't be able to take your gear from one server type to another! so you can loot in easy and then go pvp in survival. ..that would keep true survivalists and whiny little kids happy, in other word i think lot more people would like DayZ in that way. Everyone can play the way they want without getting on eachother's nerves.

- Spawn protection

- Zombies still glitched badly

Spawn protection... Are you fucking kidding me? NO! Just no. You will not have god mode in real life...

Zombies glitching. It is an ALPHER! They are working on it right now. They're working on fixing every bug we report...

I agree with some of your points some i disagree with, so lets get into it

Weapon rarity, you can see my post in Weapon and Ammunition Rarity were i state ammo should be rare and Military grade weapons, but the civilian AK-47s and hunting rifles should be very abundant as we are in a very Rural area. 

All servers should be Private hive, or like you said do what WarZ and make a random spawn within 200m when hopping servers, At the moment all i can see a persistent database throughout servers doing is making it easy to exploit during fights or while looting

PVP- as i said ammunition rarity should do alot to fix this so that you have to think before you shoot also the damaging items this would help as well it promotes good RP (Role Play) instead of Shoot On site.

Zombies- I think Zombies need to be slow and strong, Easy to kill but tough to deal with in large numbers. alot of zombies around large citys Eg. Cherno Elektro, but few around small towns as these places most likely were evacuated before the infection spread to them. Roaming hoards would be nice.

On a side note the mele does need ironed out it feels very clunky and it is difficult to figure out exactly how to hit something and  were to aim.

everything els is good i like what your saying here for the most part keep it up!

Spawn protection... Are you fucking kidding me? NO! Just no. You will not have god mode in real life...

Zombies glitching. It is an ALPHER! They are working on it right now. They're working on fixing every bug we report...

Snipe newbs on the coast much?