xethros

Tales of a Solo Survivor

Share your epic stories. I got 2 for ya. All by myself I set out to loot the deer stands and building on Green Mountain, according to the map it had military loot. So when I got there I found a fence surrounding the tower that I crawled along till finding the entrance covered with walkers and hoppers. Hoping they wouldn't see me I crawled through the front gate but once I got off grass my sound and vision bumped up to 1 and I alerted a hopper so I got up dashed towards a building but before I made it in a runner behind me broke my leg. I turned around and shot about 5 dead but left myself broken on the top of a mountain with no morphine. I thought I was a goner but instead of just hitting esc/respawn I figured I'd take as many zombies out with me. There were maybe 6-8 surrounding and more a bit further out. I took out my Lee Enfield, dropped a flare(oh yea this was in the dead of night) and moved into the center of the dirt road and just started dropping the zombies as they moved onto me. Managed killing every zombie before it reached me so I checked the loot on bodies and first zombie I checked had a Morphine auto-injector. O.o

Second story baffles my own ingenuity. On a previous night I found myself the only one on a server so without the risk of bandits I sprinted for NW airfield and after looting a bit some others joined and I heard handgun shots in the distance so I booked it out of there. Well the next morning I log on and remember I was on the nw airfield and being solo I know I didn't want to stick around so I started running off into the distance on a night time server till I was at a safe distance and logged over to a day server. Apparently I ran 30 minutes straight out into the wilderness. At night the hills seemed to have bushes and couldn't tell it was just the low texture. There was not a tree in sight no matter what hill I stood on. And I had a sniper rifle to look deep into the distance too. So what did I do? I remembered a youtube video I saw on using a watch to find North. I pointed the small hand at the opposite direction of my own shadow(the video used a tree but I had none to utilize obviously) and used the convex angle of the small hand and 12 o clock to find south and ran for about 30-45 minutes and found the border. Never so happy to see a tree in my life.

Both of these are on the same life and I'm still alive which makes it better.

I have a story similar to your first.

I too was looting by myself near a barn and as I headed in I got attack by 1 zombie that left me with broken legs. I managed to crawl towards a hatchet and kill him while only losing about a 1/3 of m health. At this point I'm in the barn alone and zombies keep swarming. I manage to kill 11 zombies with a hatchet all the while I have broken legs. Time passes and I realize I'm pretty much a goner with no morphine in range.

All of a sudden, two fresh spawns start speaking on side chat and I invite them into the barn. They see the crippled situation I'm in and offer help, but there is no morphine anywhere near this barn, so I drop my hatchet and tell them to kill me with it so that they can loot my glorious supplies of meds and food.

They told me that they would never forget me, Jose "The Legend" as they coined me. They said stories would be told of Jose, the crippled man who killed 11 zombies with a hatchet and sacrificed himself for the good of others. They probably died a few hours later anyways, but it was a fun experience.