Sign in to follow this  
arabatur

the physics of dayz

i dont know is there anyone talk about this before, start from dayz mod, i just think the physics dayz is bad, for example, when i using a melee weapon hitting a zombie, zombies dont have any blood spill from their body, dont have any reaction or signal is showing it is hitting by me, i only can listen a little sound from hitting, sometimes i reli feel like i am not hitting it, will dayz SA can make this better, i hope u guys understand what i say

Yes!  they just have alot of thing on their plates right now ;)

They will fix them up just give them time :D

idMeoEk.gif

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Not that zombies would bleed at all, if they were dead.

actualy if i recall in DayZ it are Infected from a virus, not dead. so yes they can bleed.

Perhaps they are? I hadn't heard anything of the sort, but I haven't heard much beyond the fact that they're zombies, which are commonly portrayed as being dead.

Not that zombies would bleed at all, if they were dead.

But they're not dead. Rocket said they are infected people, like in 28 Days/Weeks Later. Still living, but with a rabies-like virus making them insane.

And I agree, the melee system needs some work. Sometimes it's really hard to hit with them, especially if you're moving, and there's barely any indication when you do except for a tiny "bump" noice. You swing your weapon in an arc, so you shouldn't have to aim that tiny dot precisely at the zombies head to land a hit. I really like that you can knock zombies and people out though, but sometimes you have to hit a player twenty times with a bat before they fall unconscious.

Overall I like the new melee system but it needs some work. 

Oh, and I hope they change the sound effects when you hit a wall or something with a melee weapon! I almost shit my pants when I hit a tree and it sounds like someone's shooting at me. :P

Edited by Nuclear194

Perhaps they are? I hadn't heard anything of the sort, but I haven't heard much beyond the fact that they're zombies, which are commonly portrayed as being dead.

Confirmed by Rocket many, many times. The 'zombies' in DayZ are humans infected with a virus.

Infected by a virus doesn't necessarily mean they are still alive.

Still, I concede my point.