brianint

Military bases

It's a survival (horror) game, everything is working as intended. The issue is that most of the player base lacks survival instincts. I don't mean to come off as arrogant or anything but the fact is that if you wish to play the game the way it was intended then going deeper into the terrain will increase your survival rate for a plethora of reasons. People shouldn't head north for shiny trinkets, they should head north so that they can find some place way off in the middle of nowhere where so that they can begin rebuilding some sort of a civilization without having to worry about all the uninfected with nothing to lose washing up on the shore.

• Like 1

I find all the best items away from the coast, everyone seems to just stay down there and leave the loot up north alone

And with changing a north-west international airport into old military airbase of heavies bombers, i also suggest  to add there some long since thrown barracks. Like this

a4qw4y.jpg

What do you guys think about the "new" Stary Sobor? 

I was there yesterday and realized, that there's no single military tent o_o.

I think the military base nearby compensates it though. But the MB is really close to the North Western Airfield and so you concentrate all the good loot on a quite small area. 

The major worry I have with balota is the same. I also worry that zone is giving new DayZ players and extremely bad experience of what DayZ is all about. It's going to create a much more hostile/KOS player base because it's their only knowledge of how to approach players.