Sign in to follow this  
Lowbi

Ghosting, been a problem for years...

Ghosting has been a problem now for years and doesnt really seem to be going away.

For new players... ghosting is when your team gets into a firefight with another team, and a couple of them log out, log into another server, come up behind where your team was, and log back into your server to flank you.

For example, my pals were pinned down in a building, there were 4 baddies outside. We killed a few, but they kept the door lit up and their friends kept respawning and coming back... eventually one of them disappears, then a minute later he appears behind us and kills one of us as the rest of them rush in the door... classy stuff.

Are there any plans to ever do anything about it? Its a major problem.

Edited by Lowbi

I think that when you leave a server (Not on restart) you should be locked out of it for say 20 minutes (Only from that server). Would defo remove the point of this sort of behaviour...not sure how easy to implement it would be though.

Combat log protection is being developed and I am sure your character will be killed if you log out while in combat. What will be considered "Combat" is the question, because in the past it was only if you were directly shot or shot by yourself. Maybe with the new network bubble they might be able to detect combat in zones by either detecting anyone who shoots and restricting everyone in a 750m range from logging out or something like that.

Think that would be a bit unfair though because shots can only be heard from a couple of hundred metres away in game and sometimes the sound is a bit buggy! Will probably be similar to the old system. I think I saw somewhere that they were putting in something like the timeout thing on WoW. Your body will hang about in game for 30 seconds or so even if you alt - F4