Sign in to follow this  
Voxpopuli

No one can hear me in game in direct chat

My mic works perfectly in skype, ts3, and mumble but, when I play DAYZ STANDALONE for some reason people in direct chat can't hear me. I've tried doing the audio setting adjust still didn't work. If you had this problem and know how to fix this can someone help me. Also my mic works perfectly on Arma 3 and Dayz Mod in game chat.

Have you tried playing on different servers as some have VOIP disabled due to the audio bugs.  As with everything else you have posted it should work correctly.

Yea I usually hop servers to servers when I play and I can hear my friend and people that I meet in the game they just can't hear me.

Go ahead and make sure that your default communication device is set to your microphone. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound(Manage Audio Devices) > Recording. Right click your microphone, and click "Set as default communication device".

Restart the game, and it should work. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thank you Ryan that worked :D I can finally talk to people. Thank you again

Edited by Voxpopuli

Go ahead and make sure that your default communication device is set to your microphone. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound(Manage Audio Devices) > Recording. Right click your microphone, and click "Set as default communication device".

Restart the game, and it should work. Hope this helps.

Wish that worked for me... Sounds works fine in the mod, but I don't get any love in the standalone.