Sign in to follow this  
Imperial-Fist79

Zombie herds

Would be cool if the dev's can program, lets say 50 - 100 z's that roam from town to town. imagine a herd of 100 z's chasing u, u wont be shootin then you'll be running for your life :). Also a pack of zombie dog's that roam the wildness searching for those happy campers in the woods, thoughts? 

• Like 3

No, I think he means herds a la The Walking Dead.

Honestly though, I think the less DayZ takes from TWD the better.

• Like 1

I thought I heard somewhere along the time I was still playing the mod that there were plans to implement this in the SA?  I haven't heard or found anything since, but I feel like during a Q and A or interview Rocket mentioned something about doing mobs of Zed.... I don't know if 50-100 is realistic - but you'd still have a problem turning the corner on let's say 20-30.

No. This isn't the Walking Dead. If anything it should be more like ravenous packs of 10-15. In real life, this meager number would have you running away. 50-100 is way too much and would destroy FPS.

Remember that scene from 28 Weeks Later? The packs of infected villagers, something like that would be cool

Edited by King of kong

It would add a less predictable sense to the game so I do like it in that sense, however I think with the way the zeds are currently spawning it would not work well because the herd would be wiped out then no one would see zombies until next restart.

lol u where here first...darn

There's something about malapropisms that draw me in like a proverbial moth to a flame.