Sign in to follow this  
ThirdSinger

While the robbery system is nice it won't work.

Why? Because I'd rather take my miniscule chances of escaping with my loot and life instead of guaranteeing I lose everything and then probably get shot afterwards anyway.

It's been said a kajillion times, but there needs to be more worth to a character than the loot on his back. How this gets implemented could be a number of ways, but it is LIKELY going to HAVE to boil down to a semi 'skill' system that gets reset on death.

Well most people dont agree with your point of view, maybe in 1 on 1 encounters but any half decent group of bandits you're not even going to go out in a blaze of glory you're just going to die. At least there is a chance you will survive being robbed

Handcuffs are a joke.  I think they put them in for roleplaying kinky sex.  I know they didn't put them because they legitimately think that people will be restraining other players instead of killing them.  No one trusts anyone in this game beyond who they already know, that's exactly how it would be in real life. 

The only painstaking difference is the fact that no one gets on DayZ to play Suzy Homemaker and wash kids or cook food for a camp while people go on loot runs.  That's not what DayZ is, never was, never will be.

People will restrain their friends to be dicks, that's it.  Or they'll restrain a victim to then shoot them in the face later, handcuffed.  What a great addition.

My squad and I have cuffed at least 8 survivors, took some blood, and left them with a couple cokes and food.  The only time we have killed someone in these situations are when they run.  We have also confronted armed survivors and made trades.  So this does work to an extent.

If i handcuff you, i probably wont kill you. and i probably wont fully loot you. But me and my 2 other friends with guns will surely shoot you if you run and dont comply. Usually we just want your pants.