qwertysoares

Chat doesn't work. I cannot communicate,

I can't read anyone elses direct communications or hear it, and they cannot read / hear me.

i was told it's something to do with my patch version so here is all the info i gathered.

When launching through steam:

ARMA II:1.11.86734

ARMA II OA:1.60.87580

ARMA II CO:1.60.87580

When launching through Six Launcher 1.0.0.93 (which is how i always launch to play DayZ):

ARMA II OA: 1.60.93965

it's never worked and ive been playing for about a week now. My experience has been really lackluster since everyone just kills me because I can't communicate. If it has something to do with my wrong version please tell me how to update it. i purchased CO through steam and installed dayz using six launcher. Thanks.

You have to select direct communication and you have to be very close, like 40m, for it to work.

You have to select direct communication and you have to be very close' date=' like 40m, for it to work.

[/quote']

Yea I've done all that, right beside the guy and he cant see my chat. strange though because when i went into a non-dayz server,y my chat was working fine.

Same problem. I'm running SixUpdater, have the most current beta patch and DayZ files. Other players can read my Direct Communication messages, but I can't read chat from anyone else. Any fixes out there?

I am also having this problem. Using Worrom, running latest update and have ticked the Launch Beta box. I cannot see anybodys text chat. Any solutions?

Could be that the server you are playing on has VON disabled?