Sign in to follow this  
MasterSith

Is there a plan to prevent this in the future?

Just joined a low pop (east coast) server this morning to be instantly kicked by the admin.  Naturally I started looking for another server when i see these pop up: http://imgur.com/Agh2TlW

This was a huge problem in the mod and the devs never really did anything about it except say it is against the rules.  Are we looking forward to the same thing in SA?  Obviously I don't care at this point (less then a week into alpha) but if the response to it is the same as it was in the mod it will be a real problem for anyone not owning a server.  

Does anyone have a link to Rocket talking about this?  I don't recall him ever mentioning it other then saying its against the rules back in the mod.

Yeah I have seen a few non-development servers that were locked and/or had 3/3 players. Its bad for the game when someone can gear up in there own private server on the main hive and then go into populated servers with that ill-gotten gear. Even worse it gives really dirty players a free server to ghost in. I really doubt that B.I or Rocket wanted this so it must be server host's allowing there customers to take the piss. I believe the host's are more to blame for allowing this and should not be allowed to host DayZ servers in the future. After all its an alpha so we should test all aspects of the game and remove what doesn't work, including non in-game matters.

Edited by melvindorf

I know B.I. and Rocket don't want this as a part of DayZ but they didn't want it in the mod either and it was done without any punishment.  If you wanted a free loot server in the mod all you had to do was lock a public hive server and you have your own pocket AS50 spawner.  

My question is has Rocket said how he plans to remove this?  He has made statements about every other aspect of the game from hacking to KoS to day/night cycles but I can't find anything about this.

Thing is I Imagine its hard for B.I to regulate every server owner so they should just make sure each server host is regulating there users in a more appropriate manner. Ban a company for allowing its users to cheat and other company's will be forced to do things right or risk loosing a good money maker.