Sign in to follow this  
TheFired3mon

Is it really that hard to find loot?

I've seen so many people bitching on the forums saying that it's too hard to find food, water, weapons, etc, yet I've found all of that on each play. Most of the time it's hatchets, a few times there were Winchesters and Lee Enfields, this time I've got a crowbar, a Makarov, and a revolver. I've been finding food and water/soda often. Here's what I do... Normally, I head to a barn first to find a weapon. Although, food and water are the priority. Now, I head to one of the major cities (Elektro, Cherno) and make a beeline to the supermarket, looting houses on the way. Obviously be careful, Cherno and Elektro can be pretty dangerous. Although since you're a fresh spawn, doesn't matter if you die. You have basically nothing. In supermarkets I've found ALICE packs, revolvers, ammo, and of course, food and drinks. Then after that, I head to the church. It sometimes has more food/drinks, ALICE packs, Czech packs (I think that's what they're called) and sometimes a weapon. Not often with the weapons I think. Then after that, I head for barns/deer stands/ loot more houses, depending on what I need/want.

Map for locations of what I mentioned: http://www.teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

cherno/electro is easy to manoeuvre around zombies, its places like starry and the airfields where it gets difficult to not aggro any zombies.

but you generally start near cherno/elektro anyway so you should be well-equipped by the time you hit any inland cities

cherno/electro is easy to manoeuvre around zombies' date=' its places like starry and the airfields where it gets difficult to not aggro any zombies.

but you generally start near cherno/elektro anyway so you should be well-equipped by the time you hit any inland cities

[/quote']

Exactly. No big deal if you die right after you respawn. Best to take your chances and get some decent loot before heading elsewhere.

I started my first no weapon spawn today, and I decided to risk going into Cherno, something I previously wouldn't risk after being shot in the outskirts multiple times. I found it extremely devoid of zombies in comparison to small towns, and I found everything I needed. I would even go five or more minutes without a single zombie, and it seemed the closer I got to the core of the city, the less I saw them.

When I hit the outskirts of the city with a full pack, I found a ridiculous mess of zombies around all the small, common loot buildings. Is this normal? I generally have a miserable time in small towns since the latest patch, but looting Cherno was the easiest thing I've done so far in this game. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I started my first no weapon spawn today' date=' and I decided to risk going into Cherno, something I previously wouldn't risk after being shot in the outskirts multiple times. I found it extremely devoid of zombies in comparison to small towns, and I found everything I needed. I would even go five or more minutes without a single zombie, and it seemed the closer I got to the core of the city, the less I saw them.

When I hit the outskirts of the city with a full pack, I found a ridiculous mess of zombies around all the small, common loot buildings. Is this normal? I generally have a miserable time in small towns since the latest patch, but looting Cherno was the easiest thing I've done so far in this game. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

[/quote']

Normally, that doesn't happen. At least for me. Although, make sure you get the shit you want and get out. Twice now, I overstayed my welcome in Cherno and got my legs broken then died by a sniper. Kinda sucks after you find a M1911, lots of food, soda, 2 bottles of water, Czech backpack, and a double barrel shotgun. And some tools. XD

I think it is pretty random, my latest game within 10 minutes of spawning I had a Winchester, a hatchet, an M9, frank and beans, 3 cans of coke, some smoke grenades, a knife and lots of ammo.

The other day I ended up starving to death near Rogovo because although I had plenty drinks and ammo and weapons and a tent and binocs etc I could not find a single can of food.

Also you are using an out of game map to check where you spawn and immediately head towards somewhere you know will have loot, that's not the way the game was intended to work and new players are dumped in to the world without a map and many have no desire to use one as you lose all sense of adventure.

Spawned just outside Cherno for the first time today and decided to nip in to try to stock up, I managed to pick up a makarov and a mag before entering the city. I got lucky in my first house in the city and managed to pick up some camo clothes, a map and a bit of ammo. I was crawling past some Z's on my way to check out the hospital (had my tin can at the ready) and barely made it 5m out of that house before I took a 7.62 to the torso from god knows where. Game over :/

Doing pretty well on this new respawn though. In 2 hours I've managed to find a map, compass, watch and revolver with 30 rounds of ammo; absolutely no food or drink in the first 2 towns I stopped in though, looked like I was going to die of thirst but I got lucky just in time. Headed for a supermarket to try and find some food, thought I was going to starve on the way but just managed to survive - got there and found plenty of cyalumes and ammo but no food! Used some of the ammo to blat a few Zs in desperation and luckily managed to scrounge some sardines and pasta, then tabbed out of there as quickly as I could.

Holing up for a while now, think I'm going to go after a decent primary weapon next if I can; started playing yesterday and still haven't managed to get hold of anything special. Doesn't help that I'm playing alone at the moment either.