Sign in to follow this  
jBrick

Current Mosin "Inaccuracy" unrealistic.

Mosins are ollllld. I have one that was from 1942. The 91/30 in the game is even OLDER than that. They were designed for volley fire. Accuracy was not important and only with work they ate accurate to 600 meters.

Funny thing about the mosins however is the older mosins are better than the newer ones.

Before the war the mosins were built better during the war they were rushed and poorly made in order to get them out into service. Even those war time mosins are good rifles however.

If you are going to shoot for realism here, you ought to have to have a bipod and be prone to expect accuracy at 500 plus meters using this weapon. Kneeling without a sandbag on a post or other steadying method is ridiculous in real life, and you are going to miss most of the time. I like the Mosin as it sits- it feels quite realistic compared to the real deal.

• Like 1

If you are going to shoot for realism here, you ought to have to have a bipod and be prone to expect accuracy at 500 plus meters using this weapon. Kneeling without a sandbag on a post or other steadying method is ridiculous in real life, and you are going to miss most of the time. I like the Mosin as it sits- it feels quite realistic compared to the real deal.

Actually... that seems to be the solution to my issue.  Having a Bipod on the rifle GREATLY increases its effectiveness beyond 300 meters.... its a tack driver and hits very close to exactly what a real one is capable of hitting.  So... THE SOLUTION to my issue is to have a bipod deployed and be prone.

Hitting the ground at the barrel of the gun.... that's another issue.

This is my first shot with mosin and it seems pretty good with bipod.

This shot is 350 - 400 meters... good shot with the scope you have... but far below the distances I want to hit people at.

This shot is 350 - 400 meters... good shot with the scope you have... but far below the distances I want to hit people at.

Yes probably about 300-400 meters, did some testing today to 500-600 meters with better scope and still feels solid rifle. Going to practice more later on with longer distances.

Some new shots with long range scope, i did one very long shot before recording and it was probably 1km. It gets hard to figure out distances when zeroing ends to 800 meters.

Edited by Bezzi