Thenhart

STANDALONE: Spear + Garden House Weapons + remove Can Opener

1. Spear + Garden House Weapons:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a source for the power of spear-weapons is for example this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz5wT1_NYF0

If there would be a zombie apocalypse and you have no weapon, what do you d o?!
Right. You go into your garden house and grab a wooden piece , a shovel or something else
instead of using a screwdriver as a weapon man! Who would use a kitchen knife when he can have a shovel, axe, or a piece of wood to build a SPEAR!?

A spear is the first weapon mankind ever had. And when mankind is ♥♥♥♥ed up and you have
no weapon you have to build spears instead of using screwdrivers. 

There is no point to use a close range weapon like axe, screwdriver, knifes... 
you can use a shovel, a spear, javelin and THROW it into the face of those cowards.

There should be also crossbows and bows, that actually are the best post-apocayptic weapons together with swords, machetes, spears because you never run out of ammo,
and there is no noise. 

To survive you have to be silent, and at the moment this survival experience is harmed because such things and a lot more like cars, base building, ect. ar e missing.

2. Remove Can-Opener:

Watch that video: it explains everything.

And there are tools in the game that nobody needs. Like a can opener.
you dont need a can opener to open a can.

Try it out, go to the supermarket, buy a Can , go out on the street, rub it on the asphalt,
squish the can, and VOILA it is opened! All you need is the street or a stone instead of a
can - opener.

Edited by Thenhart

I love my axe and  to open my cans quietly while hidding in a house

Wow stop complaining about stuff like canopener..WTF you can always find a way to do ANYTHING in real life..Why would you want to make the game so fricking simple?

• Like 2

ontyCZE, why do you want to make it more complicated than it actually is :) i mean - to  be honest-  its just a can and it was never talked about it before because in the dayz arma 2 mod that i played for a very long time,

there was no can - opener. Now there is one and a lot of people actually are intelligent and say now: okay, that shouldnt be in the game because it can be done way easier without any tool. 

It would be really fun, if you could open cans using the street. But this technique should be noisy and Z-Attractive! So if you want to be save, you would have to open it with an sharp object. 

• Like 2

@Khad: My beans for you man!

Yeah, for example you can use any kind of stone or harsh object like a rasp to destroy the fold of the can. to rub it on the street is only one way to do it, after you can squish it and yah, your right man that makes more noise. But you wouldnt open a can while Walkers biters zeds are around. So usually when your going to eat you look around first if no horde/herd of zombies comes around.

To anyone who's not a DayZ player, survival geek or the watcher of that youtube concrete+can video, this isn't an obvious solution to opening a can.

You have lots of options in game currently that are far more intuitive than the concrete rub. Use your axe. You can pretend it's using concrete.

You'll even spill some food to complete the simulation.

There are many solutions to this problem in RL but let's be practical people.Obscure tips are better left out of the game.

You will get infected when you open your Can with that gut-dripping Axe :-) I wouldnt do that man

Wow stop complaining about stuff like canopener..WTF you can always find a way to do ANYTHING in real life..Why would you want to make the game so fricking simple?

because people in this forum are bitiching about anything thats "unrealistic" -> dark nighttime