Nyz01

(SA) Remove military loot from the coast

As the title says, I would suggest that military loot be removed from the coast (or at least toned down , balota IMO should be be a crappy civilian landing strip, not a full blown military instalment.)

It feels kind if cheap knowin that If you spawn at balota you will likely be geared up in minutes, even after restart as their is so much surplus loot others have left behind.

This would have an effect on the people who go "hurr durr, found an m4, lets camp spawns!" (Yes I know, some people will do this kind of stuff with their fists if they cannot find another weapon.

• Like 1

And what would you hope to gain from removing the military spawns?

And what would you hope to gain from removing the military spawns?

It would encourage people to move North more, not just sit on coast all the time, duh.

It would encourage people to move North more, not just sit on coast all the time, duh.

I guess I didn't really explain the idea to well but this is what I was hoping would happen

I guess I didn't really explain the idea to well but this is what I was hoping would happen

What if people move north, get geared and get bored and decide to go camp the coast anyways?

What if people move north, get geared and get bored and decide to go camp the coast anyways?

People will always do that, all removing mil loot from the coast means is that a new spawn can't just go grab a gun and kill freshies.

I don't really think this is a solution to coast campers, nothing is stopping people from running back down from the north and doing the exact same thing.

People will always do that, all removing mil loot from the coast means is that a new spawn can't just go grab a gun and kill freshies.

What's the difference between a fresh spawn doing this and someone from the North? It's not going to reduce the number of people who do it, it will just make it take slightly longer for them to get geared up & start killing. Meanwhile the people who would go to Balota so they have a good chance up in the North get screwed over; now they are even less likely to survive the trip to bigger and better things. It's not worth it. If people lack the brains and the balls to go North and just want to sit around at the coastline wasting bullets, let them. It's not like we can stop them anyway.

I keep getting killed by assholes constantly, when im just passing around Balota Airstrip/Military camp south of there, freshly spawned unarmed.

First thing, it's early alpha and all the loot spawns will be different in beta and "final". 

First thing, it's early alpha and all the loot spawns will be different in beta and "final". 

early alpha

kTFX8i0.gif

OK it's alpha, but IMO it was an early alpha months ago

Maybe progress wise it's fairly early but still

Edited by Chris529

Considering the only 'real' military weapons in the game (so far) are the M4A1, and arguably the FNX-45, it's only going to make it difficult for survivors who want to make it up North get there (And the only other guns are the .357 Magnum and the Mosin-Nagant). Obviously when the final game is ready and there are plenty of different civilian and military weapons, Balota could be a low-level military spawn while the other towns have the extensive civilian weapon list and people will have a reason to travel elsewhere.

I keep getting killed by assholes constantly, when im just passing around Balota Airstrip/Military camp south of there, freshly spawned unarmed.

Don't go there if you suck, simple.

Don't go there if you suck, simple.

Right, Im not going for loot and get killed by assholes...Im unarmed and whenever i see someone around im going away...I guess youre one of them..

So if i spawn at the military base what do i do if i get killed 10 secs after?

Edited by OntyCZE

Right, Im not going for loot and get killed by assholes...Im unarmed and whenever i see someone around im going away...I guess youre one of them..

So if i spawn at the military base what do i do if i get killed 10 secs after?

Respawn, was that even a serious question?

Right, you said ''Don't go there if you suck''

So erm i keep spawning there...Is it my fault? 

Right, you said ''Don't go there if you suck''

So erm i keep spawning there...Is it my fault? 

Head north is the simplest solution, just because you spawn there doesn't mean you have to go near it. I seriously doubt you spawn 10 seconds away from another player which leads me to believe you get loot horny and run in there unarmed.

Another alternative if you can't manage that is to play on a lower population server. Removing the military spawns from the coast is a terrible idea.

People shouldn't be forced to play a certain way just because you don't approve of the way they do.

I didn't say, i agree with removing the military place..

I only said people are being dicks around there, they dont care if youre unarmed...I mean man i spawned 3 times at the same place and got killed within 15 meters away from my first corpse.. Just because some nice guy decided to sit on the deer stand, shooting everyone in his sight...

However people shouldn't be able to spawn near it, since it's ending up in constant deathmatching. I mean whenever you actually go to the airstrip theres usually like 9 dead naked people just with flashlights on them.

Edited by OntyCZE

Killing on sight is often funny, learn to expect it and it will happen less. If people are wasting their ammo on fresh spawns and gaining nothing at all just sprint in circles round them laughing at them.

Killing on sight is often funny, learn to expect it and it will happen less. If people are wasting their ammo on fresh spawns and gaining nothing at all just sprint in circles round them laughing at them.

I expect it, i can get over it. However if im trying to play with my clan and i can't just because theres few guys that are all like ''Yeeezz i keeld him, so pr0 1337 l33t MLG pro''..Meh..Lost almost an hour last time...

I expect it, i can get over it. However if im trying to play with my clan and i can't just because theres few guys that are all like ''Yeeezz i keeld him, so pr0 1337 l33t MLG pro''..Meh..Lost almost an hour last time...

So get your "clan" to fill him in.

Oh well no point in arguing with ya. You always find something to drag out, even though you have no idea.

Oh well no point in arguing with ya. You always find something to drag out, even though you have no idea.

So don't argue in the first place if you don't want to hear suggestions, wow.