Sign in to follow this  
symptom

Handcuff Testing

Ok, tonight I found a set of handcuffs and decided to do more testing. I bumped into another survivor and asked if he would mind testing the handcuffs. He agreed to let me handcuff him. Immediately, I had access to his gear. He was able to walk, crawl, and run. Anyways, I didn't have a key so he had me kill him. I used a badly damaged axe and hit him well over 20 times. He did not die. He was bleeding badly but survived. About 5 minutes after I orginally handcuffed him, he was able to break free from the cuffs. So if you guys get cuffed and get away, you have about a 5 minute wait to break the handcuffs off. Player that volunteered was named Chonto. Good dude.

Later a friend, Liam Neeson(not the actor) found a handcuff with key. We did more testing. I put the handcuff on him, then unlocked the cuffs. Both key and handcuffs disappeared. Apparently they only have one use, so use them wisely guys.

I'll update everyone else with other things I find soon.

Edited by symptom

the cuffs themself are definitely usable multiple times. tried it myself with a friend. though the keys vanished after one use, not sure if they are single use or if it was due to them being rather badly damaged.   

Same thing happend to us today, guy was after about 5min able to break free.

Opening pristine handcuffs with a key returned the cuffs for us but not the key.

Ok so damage of the cuffs determines the uses. I will find pristine cuffs and test them for you guys. Ill have a use count soon as per the damage of the cuffs.